Old June 6th 11, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default TfL Online refund form - No more paper tickets allowed?

Is it me or has the online refund application form
(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/) been changed to only
accept Oyster ticket numbers?

It wouldn't let me proceed without (specifically) a 13 digit ticket
number...

I'm trying to make an application against a paper gold card (Which I was
able to do a week or so ago online)

I shall give the folks at LUL Customer Services a call tomorrow and see what
they say - I don't expect to have to process my refunds on paper forms again
just because TfL want everyone in London to use Oyster without exception.

Old June 6th 11, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 6, 10:38*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
Is it me or has the online refund application form
(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/) been changed to only
accept Oyster ticket numbers?

It wouldn't let me proceed without (specifically) a 13 digit ticket
number...

I'm trying to make an application against a paper gold card (Which I was
able to do a week or so ago online)

I shall give the folks at LUL Customer Services a call tomorrow and see what
they say - I don't expect to have to process my refunds on paper forms again
just because TfL want everyone in London to use Oyster without exception.

It doesn't specify anything about Oyster only, and furthermore there
remains "National Rail Travelcard" and "TfL Travelcard" options (both
of which I take as referring to paper/printed tickets), so I wouldn't
jump to conclusions just yet - perhaps it's some small but not
entirely thought through change...

Without digging out an old NR-issued paper season Travelcard I dunno
how many digits they normally have as their ticket number - how many
has your Gold Card got?
Old June 7th 11, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Mizter T" wrote in message

I shall give the folks at LUL Customer Services a call tomorrow and see
what
they say - I don't expect to have to process my refunds on paper forms
again
just because TfL want everyone in London to use Oyster without exception.

It doesn't specify anything about Oyster only, and furthermore there
remains "National Rail Travelcard" and "TfL Travelcard" options (both
of which I take as referring to paper/printed tickets), so I wouldn't
jump to conclusions just yet - perhaps it's some small but not
entirely thought through change...

Without digging out an old NR-issued paper season Travelcard I dunno
how many digits they normally have as their ticket number - how many
has your Gold Card got?

-------------------

I Spoke to a nice man in customer services this morning who said a lot of
people had been calling up complaining.

It appears a fault has led to this problem and I was given an internal case
reference to quote should I get anyone from the claims team query the
information with me. I was also told to pad the numbers with leading '0s' to
make it fit and submit the claim as normal.

My gold card is a 5 digit ticket number (unless you want the full ticket
number + NLC + Issuing window - which is still less than 13 digits.

The TfL repay say's NR travel cards (Which was the paper version) but if you
look through the small print they only refund the oyster PAYG fare - not
anything else. I can't be bothered at the moment to see if we are getting
swindled somewhere, but I'm sure it don't add up.

Old June 7th 11, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Oh and it also appears that if you hold a paper ticket and want a DLR refund
you need to do it on a paper form.

You can only get the paper form from either a station listed below, or by
calling DLR customer services...

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/r...nd/default.asp

"Paper ticket refunds

Please call Customer Services on 020 7363 9700 from 08:00 to 20:00 for a
Service Delay Refund Claim form.

You can also get a form from Bank, Canary Wharf, Cutty Sark for Maritime
Greenwich, Island Gardens, London City Airport and Tower Gateway DLR
stations."