Old June 18th 11, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
fvw fvw is offline

Default DLR Canning Town Stratford International - still not opened ...

On Jun 18, 10:28*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"fvw" wrote

I'm thinking about travel from East Anglia (NXEA) to St Pancras Intnl
in August. * *Is is possible to get off at Stratford Regional and walk
to Stratford Intl to pick up the Javelin for a fast run to St
Pancras?

Is that doable on a standard off-peak saver ticket from NXEA to London
terminals, or is a supplement payable for the Javelin bit?

I don't think a London Terminals ticket can be used - you'll need to get a
ticket to St Pancras International via HS1. At the moment the only way of
making the connection at Stratford is to use the free shuttle bus. AIUI the
DLR will be running by August, when you'll need to make the connection by
DLR. The pedestrian route is still unavailable as it's a building site for
the shopping centre.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

Old June 18th 11, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:39:30 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 03:24:00 +0100
Charles Ellson wrote:
There will be new signal-controlled pedestrian- and cyclist-crossing
facilities as well as a new junction design to improve traffic flow."
[
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...es/11571.aspx]

If they really wanted to improve traffic flow they'd have put either
the A406 or the A1 on a flyover or under. They did it all along the eastern
stretch of the 406 , I can't see why they can't do the same on the
western stretch.

Mechanical rather than financial limitations, maybe ?
Old June 18th 11, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:30:43 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Chris Tolley wrote:

Dr J R Stockton wrote:

In uk.transport.london message , Wed, 15
Jun 2011 10:39:30, d posted:

Apparently the works at Henleys Corner
will be finished in spring 2012.

No such place, at least in the London area. See Wikipedia or Google.

Oh there is. I lost an hour in a queue there the other day.

It's just not spelt that way. People have a habit of getting the "e"
before the "y" mixed up in all sorts of words that end with a y. I
should know.

Serves you right for moving to Hackny.

Perhaps we're lucky that Mr Henly didn't set up his business at one
the junctions in Haring*y ? ;-)
Old June 20th 11, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:24:18 +0100
Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message , Fri, 17
Jun 2011 08:37:14, d posted:

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:52:30 +0100
Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message , Wed, 15
Jun 2011 10:39:30,
d posted:

Apparently the works at Henleys Corner
will be finished in spring 2012.

No such place, at least in the London area. See Wikipedia or Google.

What are you , some kind of new breed of idiot?

I am one who knows how to spell. Henley is where Boris used to be.

So you're a silly little pedant making a big deal about a typo.

In other words the answer to my question was yes.

B2003

Old June 20th 11, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Dr J R Stockton wrote:

In uk.transport.london message , Fri, 17
Jun 2011 08:37:14, posted:

Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message , Wed, 15
Jun 2011 10:39:30, posted:

Apparently the works at Henleys Corner
will be finished in spring 2012.

No such place, at least in the London area. *See Wikipedia or Google..

What are you , some kind of new breed of idiot?

I am one who knows how to spell. *Henley is where Boris used to be.

So you're a silly little pedant making a big deal about a typo.

In other words the answer to my question was yes.

B2003

Not to be confused with Henlys Roundabout in Hounslow, where the A4
and A30 separate (the Great West Road and the Great South West
Road...).
What makes the North Circular particularly bad at the mo is that it's
not just Henlys Corner, there's all the Bowes Road work as well just a
mile or two to the east.
Tim
Old June 20th 11, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Charles Ellson wrote:
There will be new signal-controlled pedestrian- and cyclist-crossing
facilities as well as a new junction design to improve traffic flow."
[
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...es/11571.aspx]

If they really wanted to improve traffic flow they'd have put either
the A406 or the A1 on a flyover or under. They did it all along the eastern
stretch of the 406 , I can't see why they can't do the same on the
western stretch.

Mechanical rather than financial limitations, maybe ?

No idea. Whatever the reason it needs to be done. Having looked at the
plans I can't see how the mildly updated layout is going to make the slightest
difference to the morning jams. At the very least they could have put
finchley road in a bridge over the 406 since that would have got rid of one
set of traffic lights on the 406.

B2003

Old June 20th 11, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:34:05 +0100
Robin9 wrote:
Absolutely correct. Well said. The central point is of course that TfL
did not want to improve the flow of traffic there and does not want to
improve it anywhere else either. The scheme at Henly's Corner is a
complete waste of time and public money..

Yes, I can't see how it will make any difference. The limiting factor at
that location are the traffic lights. Adding a single extra lane for 50m
- which seems to be what they're doing unless I've misread it - will make
sod all difference.

B2003

Old June 25th 11, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Defects at Canning Town more serious
Paving has been lifted in at least four sections of the new platform,
including one area full-width.
One DLR staffer says he thinks moisture has been seeping through.