Old June 16th 11, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default New TfL mobile website

Has anyone seen / tried the new TfL mobile website ?

http://mytfl.mobi/ (Was http://wap.tfl.gov.uk)

I can no longer access it from an N95 (The re-direct fails) or if I use the
new URL directly it crashes the browser.

We have tested it on some older phones at work and they can't actually
display anything at all. It looks ok on the IPhone and the HTC's and things
with big displays.

I still love the way TfL are advertising the old 020 7222 information number
on the mobile site even though its been OOS for some time now.

Old June 16th 11, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...
Has anyone seen / tried the new TfL mobile website ?

http://mytfl.mobi/ (Was http://wap.tfl.gov.uk)

I can no longer access it from an N95 (The re-direct fails) or if I use
the new URL directly it crashes the browser.

Working for me on an N95 using the new URL...

Paul S

Old June 16th 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
I can no longer access it from an N95 (The re-direct fails) or if I use
the new URL directly it crashes the browser.

Working for me on an N95 using the new URL...

With the default browser ? Didn't work for the past 2 days for me that phone
is flat so I can't re-test at the moment.

How does the new site come out anyway ? Is it workable.

Old June 16th 11, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...

Working for me on an N95 using the new URL...

With the default browser ?

As it came out the box. I've never knowingly changed anything on my phone.

How does the new site come out anyway ? Is it workable.

Only checked the journey planner - did just what you'd expect basically.

Paul S
Old June 16th 11, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 16, 8:31*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Q" ..@.. wrote:

Has anyone seen / tried the new TfL mobile website ?

http://mytfl.mobi/ (Was http://wap.tfl.gov.uk)

I can no longer access it from an N95 (The re-direct fails) or if I use
the new URL directly it crashes the browser.

Working for me on an N95 using the new URL...

Working on my Nokia Neanderthal model.

iBus (or whatever they'll call it) for web and mobile web is on the
way sooner rather than later I suspect... (though I also suspect all
the iGizmo toting barstewards out there will render it unusable within
an hour or two of it going live...)

Old June 17th 11, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote

How does the new site come out anyway ? Is it workable.

Only checked the journey planner - did just what you'd expect

basically.

OK on my Kindle - 3G

But I looked at the tube map and noticed TCR isn't on the Northern Line
anymore, only on the Central.

--
Mike D
Old June 17th 11, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 17, 1:35*pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
[...]
But I looked at the tube map and noticed TCR isn't on the Northern Line
anymore, only on the Central.

That's because TCR isn't on the Northern line, not at the moment at
least - station poster, pocket leaflet and web maps also currently
show this:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.gif

Hint - Northern line trains aren't stopping at TCR from April 2nd
until November because of the station reconstruction works as part of
Crossrail - see:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...emes/2355.aspx
Old June 17th 11, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message 01cc2c90$fd06dd20$LocalHost@default, at 12:35:38 on Fri, 17
Jun 2011, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:

I looked at the tube map and noticed TCR isn't on the Northern Line
anymore, only on the Central.

That's right. The NL station is closed until "late November 2011" for
Crossrail works.
Old June 17th 11, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

OK on my Kindle - 3G

But I looked at the tube map and noticed TCR isn't on the Northern Line
anymore, only on the Central.

Very accurate and up to date then - it matches all the paper maps that have
also been altered to reflect current closures!

Paul

Old June 17th 11, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Mizter T" wrote in message

Working on my Nokia Neanderthal model.

iBus (or whatever they'll call it) for web and mobile web is on the
way sooner rather than later I suspect... (though I also suspect all
the iGizmo toting barstewards out there will render it unusable within
an hour or two of it going live...)

Tested and working today - I also notice there is a 'terms & conditions'
screen which sometimes shows up and other time's don't.. I'll put the
problems of the past few days down to them setting it all up and it bedding
down.

Has the 'timetable' function from the bus bit gone as part of the changes ?
I don't want to 'plan a journey' as that takes 3x longer than looking up the
bus route I'm interested in and has always failed as I've never known what
TfL call half there stops etc. Or is this only while the IBus stuff is
deployed ?