Old June 25th 11, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Remaining bendy buses

The 25 has been debendified as of today and doubledeckers are running its
length.

How many routes still have these monsters on them?

Old June 25th 11, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:37:57 +0100, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:

The 25 has been debendified as of today and doubledeckers are running its
length.

How many routes still have these monsters on them?

12 - converts November
29 / N29 - converts by year end but no firm date
73 - converts September
207 - converts by year end but no firm date
453 - converts November
436 - converts November

All dates refer to 2011 as I believe Boris has decreed they must be
gone by the end of the year. This clears the deck in terms of one
Mayoral commitment before the Borismaster (another commitment) emerges
to much undoubted fanfare early in 2012.

I still think it's a monstrous waste of resources to be binning the
bendy buses when they still have another 10-15 years life in them. I'm
sure I'm in a minority though.
--
Paul C

Not sure if any are being binned, but some of them are being used by
Brighton & Hove buses.

--
DAS

Old June 25th 11, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

I still think it's a monstrous waste of resources to be binning the
bendy buses when they still have another 10-15 years life in them. I'm
sure I'm in a minority though.

ISTR reading that it's about the most prominent policy from his Mayoralty
that Livingstone has so far *not* pledged to bring back. Presuambly he
regards it as a vote loser as well.

Of course being a vote losing policy will probably mean Lembit's
interested...

Old June 26th 11, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
D A Stocks wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

I still think it's a monstrous waste of resources to be binning the
bendy buses when they still have another 10-15 years life in them. I'm
sure I'm in a minority though.
--
Paul C

Not sure if any are being binned, but some of them are being used by
Brighton & Hove buses.

If I still lived in a place that used second hand LT buses, I'd be quite
glad of some nearly new kit ! Well done Bozza ;-)

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)

Old June 26th 11, 06:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:30:51 on
Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Paul Corfield remarked:

I still think it's a monstrous waste of resources to be binning the
bendy buses when they still have another 10-15 years life in them.

The operators will move them to a different city, won't they?
Old June 26th 11, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:37:04
on Sat, 25 Jun 2011, remarked:

I noticed some ex-TfL bendies in use in Leicester on Friday on route 80,
between various Leicester Uni locations. They were painted bright green!

Makes sense; the Nottingham and Bath Uni-Link routes are already both
operated by bendy-buses.
Old June 26th 11, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:37:04 -0500,
wrote:
I noticed some ex-TfL bendies in use in Leicester on Friday on

route 80,
between various Leicester Uni locations. They were painted bright

green!

Perhaps some should be considered for the Oxford Road services in
Manchester?

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK
Old June 26th 11, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The 25 has been debendified as of today and doubledeckers are running its
length.

How many routes still have these monsters on them?

12 - converts November
29 / N29 - converts by year end but no firm date
73 - converts September
207 - converts by year end but no firm date
453 - converts November
436 - converts November

All dates refer to 2011 as I believe Boris has decreed they must be
gone by the end of the year. This clears the deck in terms of one
Mayoral commitment before the Borismaster (another commitment) emerges
to much undoubted fanfare early in 2012.

I still think it's a monstrous waste of resources to be binning the
bendy buses when they still have another 10-15 years life in them. I'm
sure I'm in a minority though.

I suspect that they will be recycled. Swansea has had a number of
second-hand bendy buses imposed upon it - no idea where they came
from. thjey all have personalised number plates to hide the fact from
the morons in the council that they are rejects.
They were initially planned torun as far as Mumbles, but then it was
discovered that it was impossible for them to turn around to make the
return journey!
--
Cheers

Peter

(Reply to address is a spam trap - pse reply to the group)
Old June 26th 11, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:01:50 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:
the X26 from Kingston to Heathrow. That route fills up well but is
not suited to double deckers as people cannot lug their luggage
upstairs. The bendies could easily have luggage stacks put in them

and
you could lose a door to provide more seats.

Perhaps APCOA should buy some for the Luton Airport car park shuttles
which are often overloaded or full.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK