Old September 12th 11, 03:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

In message , at 16:11:20 on
Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Bruce remarked:

Have you actually been there and experienced it at first hand (I did).

It really can't have been *that* attractive if you came back.

I was there for a week staying with friends. Plenty of time to find out
what it's all about from an immigrant's point of view. I then spent a
week at a conference with colleagues, many of whom live there, so I'd
heard a lot about it before.

Old September 12th 11, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:11:20 on
Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Bruce remarked:

Have you actually been there and experienced it at first hand (I did).

It really can't have been *that* attractive if you came back.

I was there for a week staying with friends. Plenty of time to find out
what it's all about from an immigrant's point of view. I then spent a
week at a conference with colleagues, many of whom live there, so I'd
heard a lot about it before.

Visiting somewhere for a week doesn't give you the faintest idea of
the reality of living there, except I suppose if you are Roland Perry,
who seems to form most of his "opinions" on a whim.

Old September 12th 11, 06:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:47:24 on
Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Bruce remarked:
Visiting somewhere for a week doesn't give you the faintest idea of
the reality of living there, except I suppose if you are Roland Perry,
who seems to form most of his "opinions" on a whim.

Wrong again old chap. It might not give you the faintest idea, but
please don't assume I'm as bad at it as you apparently are.

In the mean time, why not direct your ire those others who claim to know
what it's like without ever having been there?
Old September 12th 11, 09:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 12/09/2011 15:27, d wrote:

No. Experience what? What can I see there that I can't see in europe apart
from the southern cross?

Various types of bird?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK