Old August 23rd 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail and the GWML

Hi all,

Just had a look at the Crossrail website, it has information sheets for
each station along the route. Below is a summary of most of the
information for the GWML stations:

All Peak Frequencies:

· 4tph from Acton Main Line to Central London (direct services to
Heathrow and the West).

· 10tph from Ealing Broadway to Central London.

· 4tph from West Ealing to Central London (direct services to Heathrow
and the West).

· 2tph from Hanwell to Central London (direct services to Heathrow and
the West).

· 10tph from Southall to Central London.

· 10tph from Hayes & Harlington to Central London.

· 6tph from West Drayton to Central London.

· 2tph from Iver to Central London.

· 4tph from Langley to Central London.

· 4tph from Slough to Central London.

· 4tph from Burnham to Central London.

· 2tph from Taplow to Central London.

· I am assuming 4tph from Maidenhead to Central London, and 4tph goes to
Heathrow.

Train stabling facilities at West Drayton Yard (former coal depot) – 22
Trains. Facilities at Maidenhead in former goods Yard – 6 trains.
Reversing Sidings at Maidenhead (2). 12 trains at Old Oak Depot (north
of First Great Western’s depot).

Overhead wiring would be undertaken at Maidenhead Bridge (Grade II
listed structure)

At West Drayton platforms 3, 4 and 5 would be extended for Crossrail.
Land would be acquired between Langley and West Drayton to allow for a
fifth track here for the express Crossrail service to overtake (the
route is five track in places at the moment).

At Maidenhead there would be a new terminal platform for the Bourne End
branch. At West Ealing there would be a terminal platform for the
Greenford service. However the Greenford – West Ealing service would
increase to 4tph to make up for the truncation.

Jeff.

Old August 23rd 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article lgate.org,
Jeffrey Asante wrote:
[...]

Some additional details of new works a reversing loop at Westbourne
Park, flyover across relief lines at Acton for freight trains leaving
Acton yard, flyover crossing main lines west of Southall for a new down
Heathrow line running south of main lines, additional platform at Hayes
for down Heathrow line, flyover at Airport Junction extended over relief
lines, new reversing siding at Slough, fifth platform at Iver for a fifth
running line between Hayes and Langley. Existing up relief becomes a
bidirectional "overtaking" line.

Services west of Paddington will probably not start until some time after
Crossrail opens. All stations legthened for 10 car trains formed from 5
car units. Existing Heathrow Express services will continue idependently
of CrossRail.

David

Old August 23rd 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, gwr4090 wrote:

All stations legthened for 10 car trains formed from 5 car units.

*10* car units? What happened to 12?

tom

--
Baby got a masterplan. A foolproof masterplan.

Old August 23rd 04, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
TC TC is offline

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, gwr4090 wrote:

All stations legthened for 10 car trains formed from 5 car units.

*10* car units? What happened to 12?

I suppose it depends on the length of the carriages?

Trains used to be 20m, now newer trains are about 4m longer. 5*4=20m, so the
extra space in each carraige makes up for the loss of a car per unit - and
therefore 2 cars per train. (Assuming the new trains are made up of 24m
cars)

--
TC

Old August 23rd 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"TC" wrote in message

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, gwr4090 wrote:

All stations legthened for 10 car trains formed from 5 car units.

*10* car units? What happened to 12?

I suppose it depends on the length of the carriages?

Trains used to be 20m, now newer trains are about 4m longer. 5*4=20m, so

the
extra space in each carraige makes up for the loss of a car per unit - and
therefore 2 cars per train. (Assuming the new trains are made up of 24m
cars)

Which they are not! According to Crossrail's information pack, they are made
up of ten 20m cars.

--
TC

Old August 23rd 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, gwr4090 wrote:

All stations legthened for 10 car trains formed from 5 car units.

*10* car units? What happened to 12?

Crossrail is designed for 10-car trains initially, except that the
platform tunnels in underground stations will be 245m long to allow for
future lengthening to 12-car trains.
--
Richard J.

Old August 23rd 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"gwr4090" wrote in message

Some additional details of new works a
reversing loop at Westbourne Park,

A bona fide loop like the Northern Line's Kennington loop?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 23rd 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:
"gwr4090" wrote in message

Some additional details of new works a
reversing loop at Westbourne Park,

A bona fide loop like the Northern Line's Kennington loop?

Reversing *sidings*, I would have thought, as 14tph will be reversed
there (24 minus the 10 that will serve Heathrow/Maidenhead/West
Drayton). Currently that work site is not shown on Crossrail's website.
--
Richard J.

Old August 23rd 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jeffrey Asante wrote:

Hi all,

Just had a look at the Crossrail website, it has information sheets for
each station along the route.

(snipped useful info)

I had no idea all this information was available, but I don't have a
chance of downloading it all on a dial-up connection. Can anyone tell me
what useful information there is in the Information Pack (the 6MB one)?
And is there useful info in the 80-something information sheets for the
various stations?!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old August 23rd 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Jeffrey Asante wrote:

Hi all,

Just had a look at the Crossrail website, it has information
sheets for each station along the route.

(snipped useful info)

I had no idea all this information was available, but I don't have a
chance of downloading it all on a dial-up connection. Can anyone
tell me what useful information there is in the Information Pack
(the 6MB one)? And is there useful info in the 80-something
information sheets for the various stations?!

The Information Pack is so large because it's a glossy with lots of
photos. If you click on "information pack" in the centre column, you'll
get a list of headings, and clicking on each one will bring up the text
in HTML.

The station information sheets typically include sample journey times,
plans and mock-ups of station improvements such as platform extensions
and new entrances.

It's worth asking CLRL if they could let you have all the material in
hard copy, as it's clearly in their interest to ensure that your website
carries accurate info. All their stuff was available in hard copy
during last autumn's consultation. You could ask at one of the current
Information Exchange Centres (Spitalfields or Farringdon) or contact
them directly.
--
Richard J.