Old September 14th 11, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Olympic ransom

"Bruce" wrote in message

Perhaps what is more to the point is that annual leave will not be
granted for most if not all applicants for the duration of the most
expensive sporting event in British history, costing taxpayers over
£1.5 billion *per day*.

Until quite recently I was unable to book annual leave between May and
September (inclusive) next year, due largely to the Olympics. I think some
of my colleagues are still under this regime and they won't be getting any
bonus or compensation. In other news, I'm moving to another job (for other
reasons) next week ...

--
DAS

Old September 14th 11, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote on 14 September 2011 19:09:15 ...
In , Paul Scott
writes

What isn't clear (as when this was first mentioned a few months ago) is
if the £500 'bonus' applies to every member of LU staff, or just those
that will need to be rostered for this. Anyone know more?

According to the statement from TfL its train drivers only, but all of
them.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21002.aspx

According to the Standard today, Bob Crow is now saying that his other
members like signallers, station staff etc. should also be compensated
for being busy, or whatever. It's not over yet!
--
Richard J.
Old September 15th 11, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang

On Sep 14, 5:00*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

One of the papers today had a headline £1800. I didn't buy it (just saw
it in the distance at the supermarket).

I think I can beat that. I was looking at a widgeon through some
binoculars and a train passed at high speed and I saw a passenger
reading the Evening Standard and I read the headline quickly. I
thought it said 18 million pounds, but clearly my bins must've been
shaking.
Old September 15th 11, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote:

Paul Terry wrote on 14 September 2011 19:09:15 ...
In , Paul Scott
writes

What isn't clear (as when this was first mentioned a few months ago) is
if the £500 'bonus' applies to every member of LU staff, or just those
that will need to be rostered for this. Anyone know more?

According to the statement from TfL its train drivers only, but all of
them.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21002.aspx

According to the Standard today, Bob Crow is now saying that his other
members like signallers, station staff etc. should also be compensated
for being busy, or whatever. It's not over yet!

Why not? Good luck to him.

While we're at it, I think all taxpayers should be compensated in full
for the ridiculous expense of the Olympics - a net £23 billion so far
and still rising. I demand my share back.