London Banter

-   -   An exhibition of stupidity (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12274-exhibition-stupidity.html)

[email protected] September 30th 11 02:08 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

In article , d ()
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:04:38 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 07:56:11AM -0500,
wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:
Bollards can be painted in bright red and white stripes to make
them more visible if necessary.
Unfortunately that's not always an acceptable option in historic
cities.

Why on earth not?

Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for years.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Roland Perry September 30th 11 02:26 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

In message , at 09:08:49
on Fri, 30 Sep 2011, remarked:
Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for years.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a red and white striped bollard outside a
barbers shop.

[email protected] September 30th 11 02:38 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:08:49 -0500
wrote:
Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for years.

Never - was a joke. Did they really exist? I think theres still a mounted red
and white rotating sign on a barbers shop near me but I'm not 100% sure, will
have to check.

B2003

Basil Jet[_2_] September 30th 11 03:01 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.5730...7. 95,,2,2.19

Arthur Figgis September 30th 11 05:44 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

On 30/09/2011 15:38, d wrote:
Never - was a joke. Did they really exist? I think theres still a mounted red
and white rotating sign on a barbers shop near me but I'm not 100% sure, will
have to check.

There's one just round the corner from me.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Basil Jet[_2_] October 3rd 11 05:58 AM

An exhibition of stupidity

wrote:
Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the
local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for
years.

Never - was a joke. Did they really exist? I think theres still a
mounted red
and white rotating sign on a barbers shop near me but I'm not 100%
sure, will
have to check.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.5730...7. 95,,2,2.19

I've just seen 2 in a 15 minute drive and I wasn't even looking for
them, so they're probably everywhere.

Basil Jet[_2_] October 3rd 11 06:38 AM

An exhibition of stupidity

wrote:
Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the
local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for
years.

Never - was a joke. Did they really exist? I think theres still a
mounted red
and white rotating sign on a barbers shop near me but I'm not 100%
sure, will
have to check.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.5730...7. 95,,2,2.19

I've just seen 2 in a 15 minute drive and I wasn't even looking for
them, so they're probably everywhere.

Incidentally one of them is new because Google Streetview shows no
barbers and no pole.

Roland Perry October 3rd 11 07:57 AM

An exhibition of stupidity

In message , at 07:38:07 on
Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Basil Jet remarked:
Incidentally one of them is new because Google Streetview shows no
barbers and no pole.

And no bollard?

Steve Dulieu[_3_] October 3rd 11 02:43 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

wrote in message ...

In article , d ()
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:04:38 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 07:56:11AM -0500,
wrote:
In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:
Bollards can be painted in bright red and white stripes to make
them more visible if necessary.
Unfortunately that's not always an acceptable option in historic
cities.

Why on earth not?

Bollards painted in bright red and white stripes hardly enhance the local
environment.

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for years.

Sadly had to be taken inside and placed in the window to prevent the local
scrotes nicking it, but here you go...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

--
Cheers, Steve.

Basil Jet[_2_] October 3rd 11 02:46 PM

An exhibition of stupidity

Unless they're outside a barbers shop.

Good grief! When did you last see one of them? I've not seen one for years.

Sadly had to be taken inside and placed in the window to prevent the
local scrotes nicking it, but here you go...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Now that's what I call an exhibition of stupidity! ;-)
You have to use the link icon in the top right corner.