Old October 18th 11, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overrun of engineering work on the Wimbledon Branch

I understand that there a 12 hour overrun on engineering work on the
Wimbledon branch recently. Can any body tell me what happened?

Kevin

Old October 18th 11, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zen83237 wrote on 18 October 2011 18:56:07 ...
I understand that there a 12 hour overrun on engineering work on the
Wimbledon branch recently. Can any body tell me what happened?

I can't explain what happened, but I noticed a poster at Turnham Green
on the evening of Tuesday 11 October containing an apology by Balfour
Beatty for disruption on the Wimbledon branch that morning. An
engineering overrun was my first thought. But a 12-hour overrun seems
unlikely, as that would imply services not restored until around 17:00,
which was roughly when I saw the poster. But it must have been bad to
have the poster printed. The Evening Standard that evening reported
District Line disruption but gave no details.
--
Richard J.
Old October 18th 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
Zen83237 wrote on 18 October 2011 18:56:07 ...
I understand that there a 12 hour overrun on engineering work on the
Wimbledon branch recently. Can any body tell me what happened?

I can't explain what happened, but I noticed a poster at Turnham Green on
the evening of Tuesday 11 October containing an apology by Balfour Beatty
for disruption on the Wimbledon branch that morning. An engineering
overrun was my first thought. But a 12-hour overrun seems unlikely, as
that would imply services not restored until around 17:00, which was
roughly when I saw the poster. But it must have been bad to have the
poster printed. The Evening Standard that evening reported District Line
disruption but gave no details.
--
Richard J.

12 hours seems a hell or an overrun but I was told it was 12 hours and
there were a lot or arses kicked at LU and BB.

Old October 19th 11, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 18, 10:42*pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

[...]

IIRC services did resume in the early afternoon, I was able to get a
train home that day around 3pm but there were still severe delays
being advertised. It may be that the work was due to finish in the
very earky hours, i.e about 3am, which would allow traction current to
be recharged - after all the section that was being worked on is
national rail track and they may have wanted the area handed back
earlier.