Old November 9th 11, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bank Station enlargement

There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx

Old November 9th 11, 05:24 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_2_] View Post
There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx
There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to consult the general public before finalising the details.
Old November 10th 11, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default Bank Station, London enlargement

On Nov 9, 5:24*pm, Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_2_ Wrote:

;124222']There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at
the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx

There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to
consult the general public before finalising the details.

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.
Old November 13th 11, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On Nov 10, 6:36*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Nov 9, 5:24*pm, Robin9 wrote: 'Basil Jet[_2_ Wrote:

;124222']There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at
the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx

There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to
consult the general public before finalising the details.

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.

Sadly, that's very unlikely as it's not that deep a line at Moorgate,
and there are building foundations in the way. In any case, without
platform lengthening, it probably would not be justified.
Old November 14th 11, 12:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

In message
, The
Gardener writes
On Nov 10, 6:36*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Nov 9, 5:24*pm, Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_2_ Wrote:
;124222']There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at
the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx
There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to
consult the general public before finalising the details.

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.

Sadly, that's very unlikely as it's not that deep a line at Moorgate,
and there are building foundations in the way. In any case, without
platform lengthening, it probably would not be justified.

It's a long time since I was on the Northern line, but I thought it was
at the same level as the northern and I do remember that the tube stock
it used looked ridiculously small for the size of station and tunnel.
However I do remember some years ago reading that it would be idea to
line up with the DLR at Bank because of the latter's need for a larger
bore.
--
Clive

Old November 14th 11, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 5:24*pm, Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_2_ Wrote:

;124222']There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at
the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx

There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to
consult the general public before finalising the details.

I popped into the exhibition on Friday. General plan is a new entrance
to the Bank/Monument complex from 10 King William St, which is why
they had the exhibition there. It's on the road between Bank and
Monument, a bit closer to the Monument end.

There'll be new pedestrian routes from the new entrance to most/all of
the tube platforms, and they'll also be shifting the southbound
Northern line across substantially to increase the gap to the
northbound line, allowing for much more space for pedestrian
circulation.

They need to get TWA approval and they expect there to be a public
enquiry, but the cost will come out of TfL's normal budget.

Ganesh
Old November 14th 11, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
Ganesh Sittampalam writes
There'll be new pedestrian routes from the new entrance to most/all of
the tube platforms, and they'll also be shifting the southbound
Northern line across substantially to increase the gap to the
northbound line, allowing for much more space for pedestrian
circulation.

I remember a few years ago, changing tubes at Bank and the interchange
required a walk along the entire length of Bank's Northern line station.
I can't remember where I was going from or to, any help?
--
Clive

Old November 14th 11, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:25:16 on Mon,
14 Nov 2011, Clive remarked:
I remember a few years ago, changing tubes at Bank and the interchange
required a walk along the entire length of Bank's Northern line
station. I can't remember where I was going from or to, any help?

Central to Circle.
Old November 14th 11, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

"The Gardener" wrote in message

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.

Sadly, that's very unlikely as it's not that deep a line at Moorgate,
and there are building foundations in the way. In any case, without
platform lengthening, it probably would not be justified.

If I remember rightly, it's not just any building foundations, but the the
Bank of England's vaults, that would thwart this particular extension.

Martin

Old November 15th 11, 04:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 2011\11\14 23:50, Martin Rich wrote:

"The Gardener" wrote in message

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.

Sadly, that's very unlikely as it's not that deep a line at Moorgate,
and there are building foundations in the way. In any case, without
platform lengthening, it probably would not be justified.

If I remember rightly, it's not just any building foundations, but the
the Bank of England's vaults, that would thwart this particular extension.

I think you're thinking of the Waterloo & City Line. The Great Northern
is far enough away from Bank that you could avoid any particular
building if you were happy to demolish others.