Old December 31st 11, 02:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default So will Britain's railways ever be re-nationalised?

In message , at 14:54:35 on
Sat, 31 Dec 2011, Recliner remarked:
to encourage the use of public transport to get to Olympic sites,
all tickets (presumably only to the London events) include a bundled
(all zones?) travelcard for the dates of the tickets

It's almost, but not exactly, the same; hence the need for a special
map. There are several easements (some on a day-by-day basis) around the
edge.

(which won't help anyone who flies into London a day or two early, and
has to get to their hotels).

For everyone else, there's the Piccadilly Line.

Ordinary people who want to
drive at least part of the way will have to use a park and ride scheme,
such as the Javelin shuttle from Ebbsfleet. I assume that the use of
this service will also be covered by the travelcard.

Specifically not. It seems to be for people staying in London or
arriving in London by National Rail (or arriving by Eurostar into St
Pancras):

http://www.london2012.com/visiting/g...mes/maps/mode-
maps/games-travelcard-map.pdf

No doubt they'll have some sort of "Quick-buy" system at Ebbsfleet for
the necessary ticket. And the Travelcard is rather wasted on such
attendees, unless they are headed for one of the "non-Stratford" venues,
of which there are of course several.

Part of me is still interested in doing an "every station on the map in
a day" (and obviously without going to any sporting event) record
attempt during the games. Sounds like a game to me! But so far I've
failed to manage to buy any Games tickets at all. And presumably the
Travelcards are non-transferrable, or will anyone be that bothered with
all the other chaos that'll be evident at the time?