Old July 28th 03, 03:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Travelcard Zone 6 ever expand to include Dartford stattion?

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

Part of LB Barnet (the sharp bit a the top) got moved
to Hertfordshire 5-7 years ago.

Barnet acquired a small part of Herts close to Barnet Church at the same
time. I haven't been able to find a web page detailing the changes.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 28th 03, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

Part of LB Barnet (the sharp bit a the top) got moved
to Hertfordshire 5-7 years ago.

Barnet acquired a small part of Herts close to Barnet Church at the
same time. I haven't been able to find a web page detailing the
changes.

I think these changes were implemented by The Greater London and
Hertfordshire (County Boundaries) Order 1992, which is available online at
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1992/Uksi_19921696_en_1.htm

There have been many similar orders making minor boundary changes elsewhere
in London. Search on Google for:

site:www.hmso.gov.uk boundaries "london borough"

(or replace "london borough" by the borough you are interested in).
--
Richard J.

Old July 28th 03, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

Part of LB Barnet (the sharp bit a the top) got moved
to Hertfordshire 5-7 years ago.

Barnet acquired a small part of Herts close to Barnet Church at the same
time. I haven't been able to find a web page detailing the changes.

Looking at an old A-Z it looks like there were a couple of roads (Grimsdyke
Crescent and part of Old Fold View) that were in Hertfordshire despite the
fact that the roads they connected to were all in Barnet. Sensibly they now
seem to be in Barnet.

Are there any other roads that are similarly isolated from the administrative
area they are supposed to be in?

Peter Smyth

Old July 28th 03, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Peter Smyth wrote:
Are there any other roads that are similarly isolated from
the administrative area they are supposed to be in?

As mentioned a week or two back, part of the Wates Station Estate at Worcester Park (Pembury Avenue, Caverleigh Way etc) is in RB Kingston but only accessible by going down Green Lane which is in LB Sutton

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&multimap.y=49

A bit of history if you look at this map is that the green strip between Pembury Avenue and Kingshill Avenue was originally designated for a bypass (Route 11) that would have run from Chessington to Carshalton: for anyone who knows the area, this is why the Malden Road end of South Lane is so wide: it was another piece of this route.

--
Tony Bryer

Old July 28th 03, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Peter Smyth
writes
Are there any other roads that are similarly isolated from the administrative
area they are supposed to be in?

I'm pretty sure there are several around Cambridge, though I'll have to
check on a map.

The road I live in was in this situation for a while (before I moved
there); the new boundary cuts through the back garden.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old July 28th 03, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
"Robert Woolley" wrote in message

Part of LB Barnet (the sharp bit a the top)
got moved to Hertfordshire 5-7 years ago.

Barnet acquired a small part of Herts close to
Barnet Church at the same time. I haven't
been able to find a web page detailing the changes.

There have been many similar orders making minor
boundary changes elsewhere in London. Search on Google for:

site:www.hmso.gov.uk boundaries "london borough"

Great stuff, thanks. There are a lot more than I thought. I think
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1993/Uksi_19931391_en_1.htm is the most
significant one in terms of number of properties and people transferred.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 28th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , Peter Smyth
writes
Are there any other roads that are similarly isolated from the

administrative
area they are supposed to be in?

I'm pretty sure there are several around Cambridge, though I'll have to
check on a map.

The road I live in was in this situation for a while (before I moved
there); the new boundary cuts through the back garden.

A small but significant portion of a housing development at Stopsley Common
in Luton falls just outside the unitary authority boundary. There is no
access to these houses except for going through Luton... and you have to
travel a long way through it to go anywhere else! I hate to think how they
organise waste collection etc.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old July 29th 03, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Clive D. W. Feather) wrote:

The road I live in was in this situation for a while (before I moved
there); the new boundary cuts through the back garden.

Common where modern development has been built across old boundaries.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The boundary around Beredens Lane has remained the same,
but since they built the M25, it was cut in two, and one isolated
end resides in Greater London while the rest is in Essex...

Not any more. The boundary was moved to the M25.

http://www.multimap.com/map/places.c...ut.x=6&out.y=7

Curiously, the index at Multimap uses the old boundaries, while the map
shows the new. Check out the meaning of the numbers 1 and 2.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 29th 03, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland" wrote in message
"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

The boundary around Beredens Lane has remained the same,
but since they built the M25, it was cut in two, and one isolated
end resides in Greater London while the rest is in Essex...

Not any more. The boundary was moved to the M25.

Erm... yay for them! (Damn them, destroying my points... I need a new A to
Z).

Jonn

http://www.multimap.com/map/places.c...=500&height=31
0&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&m axrows=&overviewmap=&start
row=&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=beredens+Lane&addr3=&pc=&s cale=10000&out.x=6&out.y=7