Old February 7th 12, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default First rule of politics: If your opponent has a great idea, copy it!

On Feb 7, 8:55*am, Arthur Figgis wrote:

I must admit I didn't know Overground was different to the rest of NR.
How would know whether you get Overground or Southern for the trips
where both are possible?

One set of fares apply. The same as Euston-Watford Junction assumes
you *didn't* use LO, because LM is a more attractive service for that
journey.

Neil
Old February 7th 12, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Neil Williams" wrote:

On Feb 7, 8:55 am, Arthur Figgis wrote:

I must admit I didn't know Overground was different to the rest of NR.
How would know whether you get Overground or Southern for the trips
where both are possible?

One set of fares apply. The same as Euston-Watford Junction assumes
you *didn't* use LO, because LM is a more attractive service for that
journey.

That's not a great example, in that it doesn't really make sense - there's
only one Oyster PAYG fare for a Watford Jn to Euston (or v.v.) journey - my
understanding is that it's essentially set by London Midland, as it's
'their' flow (bear in mind WJ is outside the zonal system - 'zone W' for WJ
is a term that's only used internally).