Old January 4th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL Drivers Work to Rule

I see that LUL drivers are not signing on at Earl's Court due to
inadequate facilities. No squash courts presumabley.

Kevin

Old January 6th 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
Is anyone seriously surprised though? Any excuse to do less work

and
the
drivers will use it. Presumably the only reason they haven't gone

on
strike is
because they need to pay off the xmas credit card bills. Wonder how
long before
theres a walkout because theres no one on standby to wipe their

arse
for them in
the toilets.

"Boltar slags off drivers again over .. (click) Boltar slags off

drivers
again over .. (click) Boltar slags off drivers again over .. (click)

Boltar
slags off drivers again over .. (click) Boltar slags off drivers

again over
.. (click) Boltar slags off drivers again over .. (click) Boltar

slags off
drivers again over .. (click) Boltar slags off drivers again over ..

(click)
Boltar slags off drivers again over .. (click) Boltar slags off

drivers
again over .. (click) Boltar slags off drivers again over .. (click)"

In case you hadn't noticed I didn't start the thread. Besides , those
muppets
with their endless pay deals are partly responsible for the outrageous
fare
rises on the tube this year so why shouldn't I slag them off? They're
costing
me and every other tube user more money.

B2003

Old January 17th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If you worked at say Tesco Basingstoke, and you were asked to work at
Tesco Newbury, but you would only finish work when you got back to Tesco
Basingstoke, what would your reaction be?

Old January 17th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:01:21 +0000, General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

If you worked at say Tesco Basingstoke, and you were asked to work at
Tesco Newbury, but you would only finish work when you got back to Tesco
Basingstoke, what would your reaction be?

Assuming that you get free travel between the two places, and paid for
my time, I'd quietly question the competency of management and get on with
my job.

Of course that would never happen in the private sector as it would be a
waste of money.
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old January 18th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ahhh you hit the nail on the head with the phrase "paid for my time" the
district drivers Don't get paid for their time, travelling from Acton to
Earls Court, that is all they want either to be paid for the time from
Acton as they used to be, or to have ALL duties booking on at Acton
Town, not too much to ask, is it?

Old January 20th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Huge" wrote in message
"Dave Liney" writes:

[30 lines snipped]

Q: Why is bottom-posting such a bad thing?
A: Because it messes up the natural flow of a conversation

So, you have your conversations back to front, do you? Must make
jokes a bit dull, getting the punch-line first.

No but I don't usually have the entire conversation repeated from the
beginning before adding to it. In fact the bit you snipped I thought made
the point but apparently this is a matter you take far too seriously.

Dave.

Old January 23rd 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:
NO I will continue to top post, it's bloody annoying having to scroll
down to find the 2 new lines posted, if you don't like it TOUGH.

You poor soul, we really feel for you.

Have you considered the people who have difficulty reading and use a gadget
that reads the posts out loud for them? It means they get a conversation
"upside down".

Old January 23rd 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:45:16 +0000, Robin Mayes wrote:

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:38:33 +0000, General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

Seems to me you should talk to your manager about your contract. Demand
either logical clocking on opportunities, or compensatory pay. If they say
no, hand in your notice and seek employment elsewhere.

Great idea, so instead of a few delays until this is resolved people using
the line have to use only a limited number of trains (60%?) for six months
or so! Don't forget those who teach people to drive trains are actually
train driver themselves!

And that's relevent because...?

If you dont like your job, and you cant agree on a better deal, then seek
employment elsewhere. Doesn't matter if you're a shop worker, train
driver, or prime minister.
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.