Old February 20th 12, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Borismaster 20th or 27th to start?

I have a note in my diary that the first Borismaster will hit the streets
today (20/2/12) on route 38. But this item

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...dumps-bendies/

suggests the launch is delayed.

Living some distance from London these days, but within day trip distance,
I'm considering a day out once I know they're running. So does anyone know
the latest launch date?

Old February 20th 12, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:34:38 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

I have a note in my diary that the first Borismaster will hit the streets
today (20/2/12) on route 38. But this item

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...dumps-bendies/

suggests the launch is delayed.

Living some distance from London these days, but within day trip distance,
I'm considering a day out once I know they're running. So does anyone
know
the latest launch date?

All I know is what has appeared elsewhere. It's definitely not in
service today. LT1 was last seen in Cannock but is apparently due
back in London this week for training and final preparations. LT2 is
still at the Wright's factory in NI having CCTV fitted. No idea when
it is due in London.

The 27th has been "announced" but there is an obvious link between the
buses reaching London, crews and mechanics being trained on the
vehicles, driving them on the road and last minute items like ticket
machines and radio being fitted. The I-Bus kit is built in already.
The date may end up being earlier, on the 27th or later depending on
how quickly all the necessary steps take. I'm sure there will be
tremendous pressure, though, to achieve the 27th or earlier!
--
Paul C

Thanks Paul.

"Elsewhere". Where? The DT report was the only one Google came up with
when I looked earlier.