Old November 20th 10, 05:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default ELL to Highbury - possible opening date Sun 27th Feb?

A recent LOROL track access application on NR's website includes start dates
for testing and passenger services:

"To grant LOROL rights to operate Driver Training Services between Highbury
& Islington and Western Curve Connection Point, in preparation for
commencement of Passenger Services on this route, on Sunday 27th February
2011."

"The rights relating to Driver Training Services will commence on Tuesday
04th January 2011."

The transfer route between the ELL and NLL at Highbury is not expected to be
open by then, but in any case they emphasise that the routes will operate
completely independently.

Paul S

Old November 20th 10, 05:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 20, 6:32*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

commencement of Passenger Services on this route, on Sunday 27th February
2011."

matches "gossip" elsewhere although the
opening date is a slight surprise.

This date is in gossip I had heard I had assumed it was more common
knowledge.

--
Nick
Old November 20th 10, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"D7666" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 6:32 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

commencement of Passenger Services on this route, on Sunday 27th
February
2011."

matches "gossip" elsewhere although the
opening date is a slight surprise.

This date is in gossip I had heard I had assumed it was more common
knowledge.

Seems likely, as the month's consulatation ends on 9th Dec, although it only
seems to have gone online in the last couple of days.

Paul S

Old November 20th 10, 07:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2010\11\20 18:54, Paul Scott wrote:

"D7666" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 6:32 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

commencement of Passenger Services on this route, on Sunday 27th
February
2011."

matches "gossip" elsewhere although the
opening date is a slight surprise.

This date is in gossip I had heard I had assumed it was more common
knowledge.

Seems likely, as the month's consulatation ends on 9th Dec, although it
only seems to have gone online in the last couple of days.

Consultation on what? It's already built.
Old November 20th 10, 07:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

Consultation on what? It's already built.

Track access to the newly built railway - which is something of an academic
exercise here, as LOROL are the only intended operator. It isn't comparable
to something like planning consultation, but in the general case on the
operational railway, TOCs have to formally apply for permission to run
trains.

Paul S

Old November 20th 10, 07:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2010\11\20 20:20, Paul Scott wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message

Consultation on what? It's already built.

Track access to the newly built railway - which is something of an
academic exercise here, as LOROL are the only intended operator.

LOROL! Thanks.

Old November 20th 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

I wonder if full NLL Sunday blockades will be finished by then or if the
strange prospect of the ELL running and the NLL not running between
Dalston and Highbury will be seen!?

What is being done on the weekend upgrades now, outside of the ELL
related stuff? I actually assumed that anything related to upgrading the
NLL would have been completed during the long-term blockade earlier on
this year....? 4 car trains have started on the NLL already, haven't
they....?
Old November 20th 10, 07:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Martin Petrov" wrote in message

What is being done on the weekend upgrades now, outside of the ELL
related stuff? I actually assumed that anything related to upgrading the
NLL would have been completed during the long-term blockade earlier on
this year

Signalling, mainly.

Finishing the commissioning of all the new stuff that is installed but not
yet working, and closing the various signal boxes and transferring control
of most of the NLL to Upminster IECC. Bringing the freight loops between
Caledonian Rd and Camden Rd into use, and reinstating the connection to the
ECML via the Canonbury curve.

There may be some other stuff I've missed, but that's about it.

Paul S