Old February 23rd 12, 01:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 06:03:34 -0800 (PST)
Andy wrote:
That is part of the job of a conveyancer. They should be undertaking
searches of current and future developments which may impact upon the
property. Hertfordshire County Council have had the Croxley Rail link

Does closing a facility count as a future development? When I moved house
no mention was made of the industrial estate down the road closing. Not that I
cared one way or the other.

Anyway , I bet a lot of them assumed it would never happen given how much
procrastination theres been over the years.

B2003

Old February 23rd 12, 04:38 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

The formal (Railways Act 2005) closure notice for Watford LUL station has
now been published. Any objections must be in by 12 April, though actual
closure will not take place until the Croxley Link is open, expected in
2016.

I expect the residents of the new estate next to the station who no doubt
BOUGHT BAsed on proximity to the tube are going to be mightily miffed.

And even more miffed with their solicitors, if the plans for the
existing station to close were not bought to their attention before
buying?

The nearest tube station is quite some distance. I guess it would be
Edgeware?

Old February 23rd 12, 05:22 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

The formal (Railways Act 2005) closure notice for Watford LUL station has
now been published. Any objections must be in by 12 April, though actual
closure will not take place until the Croxley Link is open, expected in
2016.

I expect the residents of the new estate next to the station who no doubt
BOUGHT BAsed on proximity to the tube are going to be mightily miffed..

And even more miffed with their solicitors, if the plans for the
existing station to close were not bought to their attention before
buying?

The nearest tube station is quite some distance. *I guess it would be
Edgeware?

Not that I mentioned tube stations but, if you are going to be
pedantic, it would help if you could get the name Edgware correct!!
Stanmore is closer to Watford Met anyway.
Old February 23rd 12, 06:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
, at
06:03:34 on Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Andy remarked:
Whether all solicitors undertake full searches is another matter of
course.

They only search a specific list of utilities and councils, which I'm
fairly sure won't show any railway closures, but might reveal if there's
approval for a new railway within a few hundred yards.
Old February 23rd 12, 07:24 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 23, 6:22*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

The formal (Railways Act 2005) closure notice for Watford LUL station has
now been published. Any objections must be in by 12 April, though actual
closure will not take place until the Croxley Link is open, expected in
2016.

I expect the residents of the new estate next to the station who no doubt
BOUGHT BAsed on proximity to the tube are going to be mightily miffed.

And even more miffed with their solicitors, if the plans for the
existing station to close were not bought to their attention before
buying?

The nearest tube station is quite some distance. *I guess it would be
Edgeware?

Not that I mentioned tube stations but, if you are going to be
pedantic, it would help if you could get the name Edgware correct!!
Stanmore is closer to Watford Met anyway.- Hide quoted text -

Boltar mentioned "Tube" station. Your post was a convenient point to
join the conversation.

Thank you fot the correction of "Edgware".

I did wonder if Stanmore, or Rainers Lane might be closer.

Old February 23rd 12, 07:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Feb 23, 7:49*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
06:03:34 on Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Andy remarked:

Whether all solicitors undertake full searches is another matter of
course.

They only search a specific list of utilities and councils, which I'm
fairly sure won't show any railway closures, but might reveal if there's
approval for a new railway within a few hundred yards.

But, as the Croxley Rail link is a council plan, the alterations to
the railway infrastructure should appear, both the new bits and the
closure of old bits.
Old February 23rd 12, 08:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:24:38 -0800 (PST), 77002
wrote:

On Feb 23, 6:22*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

[...]

I've never heard of "Rainers Lane" (it's certainly not in London), but
wouldn't Harrow & Wealdstone on the Bakerloo line be nearer?
Old February 23rd 12, 08:48 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 23/02/2012 21:16, Recliner wrote:
I did wonder if Stanmore, or Rainers Lane might be closer.

I've never heard of "Rainers Lane" (it's certainly not in London), but
wouldn't Harrow& Wealdstone on the Bakerloo line be nearer?

Perhaps you've heard of Rayners Lane then...

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old February 23rd 12, 09:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:22:59 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

[...]

But while generally frequented by tube trains is not a tube station.
Old February 24th 12, 12:33 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

[...]

Of course, if we are going to get silly, then not too far from Watford
Met, on the north curve from Croxley to Rickmansworth, there is the
only tunnel with tube like construction on the Met.

Very few stations are tube stations anyway, even in central London, as
the running tunnel has often been opened out to form the platforms.
The tube is now widely used for all London Underground services and
even TfL now use the term for both the deep level 'tube' lines and the
Sub-Surface lines.