London Banter

-   -   TfL games advertising outside London (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12973-tfl-games-advertising-outside-london.html)

Nick Leverton April 28th 12 09:35 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:04:44 on Sat, 28 Apr 2012,
Phil remarked:
I saw a billboard in Nottingham this morning.

They were on the M1 maxtrix boards, near East Midlands Airport, last
Wednesday night.

Spray, Slow down would have been more appropriate at the time.

Must be very new because I went up to Sheffield and back last week, and
the signs were about the spray.

They've been saying it (the Olympics crap) for a few weeks now, I don't
remember exactly how long.

Nick

David Cantrell April 30th 12 12:29 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 01:44:50PM +0100, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:47:58 +0100, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
Just opened my copy of the Western Gazette (our local weekly here in
Somerset) and found an advertisement from TfL warning about hotspot stations
during the Olympics. How widespread is such advertising?

On the M27 Motorway yesterday the information signs were displaying a
message advising people to plan their journeys to the Olympics.
My Forays on said Motorway have fortunately declined from 3 times
daily to about once every 3 months so I don't know how long this has
been happening.

You can see these things quite a long way north on the A1 and M1,
encouraging people wishing to go to the games to plan their journeys.
These are no doubt necessary because only idiots people have any
interest in the Olympics and they wouldn't think to do that normally.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

23.5 degrees of axial tilt is the reason for the season

Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] April 30th 12 01:49 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

Roland Perry wrote in
:

In message , at 18:04:44 on Sat, 28 Apr 2012,
Phil remarked:
I saw a billboard in Nottingham this morning.

They were on the M1 maxtrix boards, near East Midlands Airport, last
Wednesday night.

Spray, Slow down would have been more appropriate at the time.

Must be very new because I went up to Sheffield and back last week, and
the signs were about the spray.

I drove from Perthshire to London through the spray last week and more or
less all the way down the VM signs were telling me to plan my trip to the
Olympics.

I'm told there are also billboards to that effect in Edinburgh.

Peter

--
|| Peter CS ~ Epsom ~ UK | pjcs02 [at] gmail.com |

Roland Perry April 30th 12 02:00 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

In message , at 13:49:50 on Mon, 30
Apr 2012, Peter Campbell Smith remarked:
Must be very new because I went up to Sheffield and back last week, and
the signs were about the spray.

I drove from Perthshire to London through the spray last week and more or
less all the way down the VM signs were telling me to plan my trip to the
Olympics.

As my "last week" (above) was "the week before last" now, I think we've
pretty well nailed down when these signs started appearing.

Stephen Furley April 30th 12 05:20 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

On 30/4/12 14:49, in article , "Peter
Campbell Smith" wrote:

Roland Perry wrote in
:

In message , at 18:04:44 on Sat, 28 Apr 2012,
Phil remarked:
I saw a billboard in Nottingham this morning.
They were on the M1 maxtrix boards, near East Midlands Airport, last
Wednesday night.

Spray, Slow down would have been more appropriate at the time.

Must be very new because I went up to Sheffield and back last week, and
the signs were about the spray.

I drove from Perthshire to London through the spray last week and more or
less all the way down the VM signs were telling me to plan my trip to the
Olympics.

I'm told there are also billboards to that effect in Edinburgh.

Peter

I saw several from a bus between Bradford and Leeds last week.

Adrian[_4_] April 30th 12 07:39 PM

TfL games advertising outside London

In message , Peter Campbell Smith
writes
Roland Perry wrote in
:

In message , at 18:04:44 on Sat, 28 Apr 2012,
Phil remarked:
I saw a billboard in Nottingham this morning.
They were on the M1 maxtrix boards, near East Midlands Airport, last
Wednesday night.

Spray, Slow down would have been more appropriate at the time.

Must be very new because I went up to Sheffield and back last week, and
the signs were about the spray.

I drove from Perthshire to London through the spray last week and more or
less all the way down the VM signs were telling me to plan my trip to the
Olympics.

I'm told there are also billboards to that effect in Edinburgh.

Peter

There was one on the M5 southbound at Taunton yesterday,

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops