Old April 12th 12, 11:20 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Blackfriars South Bank Entrance

On Apr 10, 9:21*pm, D7666 wrote:
On Apr 10, 7:41*pm, "Jonathan Morton"

wrote:
But the Thameslink blurb is confusing on the matter of being charged -

No. It is perfectly clear, you are reading between lines.

on an
Oyster PAYG - for crossing the bridge without taking a train to arrive at or
depart from the station. Does this mean "any train, including the
Underground" or just National Rail? Putting it another way, is the whole of
the station (LU and NR) "airside", so that one can legitimately use the
south entrance to exit from the District Line platforms to the South Bank,
passing through only one Oyster gizmo to touch out (and if not, why not)?

It is perfectly clear - because there are seperate barriers. You pass
one barrier on exit distract and enter another set to join FCC. It
says exactly what it means - you cross the bridge on foot you pay - no
matter what you arrived on operated by who.

Having said that, every time since BFR re-opened I have found both
north and south gate lines set to open and no staff present; however
all my trips were off peak bar one in the first week, and I've not
done this in the last 2 weeks.

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

What next, center platform barriers where New Southern Railway and
Southwest Trains share a station?

Old April 12th 12, 12:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"77002" wrote in message

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

No, you definitely can arrive by tube and exit on the south bank via the NR
station. The only time you'll pay an avoidable fare is if you walk in off
the street AND cross the bridge AND exit without making a rail or tube
journey. This is exactly what happens if you enter and exit anywhere else,
it is NOT specific to Blackfriars at all. This is what is explained (badly)
by FCC on their website.

However this is exactly what we've already explained in uk.railway, so for
those joining recently from uk.transport.london, there's probably no need to
reply.

Paul S

Old April 12th 12, 01:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:15:06 on
Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Paul Scott remarked:
So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

No, you definitely can arrive by tube and exit on the south bank via
the NR station. The only time you'll pay an avoidable fare is if you
walk in off the street AND cross the bridge AND exit without making a
rail or tube journey. This is exactly what happens if you enter and
exit anywhere else, it is NOT specific to Blackfriars at all.

For example using Earls Court station as a short cut from Warwick Road
to Earls Court Road.

This is what is explained (badly)

No change there then

by FCC on their website.

Old April 12th 12, 01:30 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 12, 12:20*pm, 77002 wrote:

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

I never wrote that. Yahoo ether confused the sequence of my replies,
but I sure never wrote that. go back and try again

--
Nick
Old April 12th 12, 01:43 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 12, 2:30*pm, D7666 wrote:
On Apr 12, 12:20*pm, 77002 wrote:

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

I never wrote that. Yahoo ether confused the sequence of my replies,
but I sure never wrote that. go back and try again

Google Groups shows:

It is perfectly clear - because there are seperate barriers. You pass
one barrier on exit distract and enter another set to join FCC. It
says exactly what it means - you cross the bridge on foot you pay - no
matter what you arrived on operated by who.

In the post to which I replied.

Old April 12th 12, 01:56 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 12, 2:43*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Apr 12, 2:30*pm, D7666 wrote: On Apr 12, 12:20*pm, 77002 wrote:

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

I never wrote that. Yahoo ether confused the sequence of my replies,
but I sure never wrote that. go back and try again

Google Groups shows:

It is perfectly clear - because there are seperate barriers. You pass
one barrier on exit distract and enter another set to join FCC. It
says exactly what it means - you cross the bridge on foot you pay - no
matter what you arrived on operated by who.

In the post to which I replied.

Read the whole thread

--
Nick
Old April 12th 12, 02:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 12/04/2012 14:22, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:15:06 on
Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Paul Scott remarked:

So one arrives, utilizing a perfectly valid ticket, at Blackfriars.
But, one cannot exit on the South Bank because it is managed by
another operator.

No, you definitely can arrive by tube and exit on the south bank via
the NR station. The only time you'll pay an avoidable fare is if you
walk in off the street AND cross the bridge AND exit without making a
rail or tube journey. This is exactly what happens if you enter and
exit anywhere else, it is NOT specific to Blackfriars at all.

For example using Earls Court station as a short cut from Warwick Road
to Earls Court Road.

Though given both Trebovir and Penywern Roads are parallel to the
station (one on each side) I wouldn't really call it a 'short cut'.

Old April 12th 12, 02:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:13:11 on Thu, 12 Apr
2012, Mizter T remarked:
For example using Earls Court station as a short cut from Warwick Road
to Earls Court Road.

Though given both Trebovir and Penywern Roads are parallel to the
station (one on each side) I wouldn't really call it a 'short cut'.

It's not a very useful short cut. Got a better example (that isn't
complicated by OSI issues)?