Old April 28th 12, 01:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Arriving Saturday!

Yay! Returning for my annual dose of Vitamin L. My oystercard is all
polished and I'm ready to take on the Capital.

Sunday - a visit to Jermyn St to get shirts for H. and then lunch at
Bentley's; Monday a tour of my old haunts in NW & a curry; ... more
shopping and more visiting during the week, and then "What the Butler
Saw" on Friday.

I'm so excited! But don't make me have to carry an umbrella. :-)

Old April 28th 12, 01:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4/27/2012 9:14 PM, redcat wrote:
Yay! Returning for my annual dose of Vitamin L. My oystercard is all
polished and I'm ready to take on the Capital.

Sunday - a visit to Jermyn St to get shirts for H. and then lunch at
Bentley's; Monday a tour of my old haunts in NW & a curry; ... more
shopping and more visiting during the week, and then "What the Butler
Saw" on Friday.

I'm so excited! But don't make me have to carry an umbrella. :-)

My excitement is cooling. Look what just popped up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...eputation.html

No, it's no surprise -- except that this STILL hasn't been cleared up.
And if you say anything to the customs man, he replies as if he is from
another world. They never see a problem.

Don't you know you just kept a London restaurant from selling us dinner?
I asked after waiting the requisite 2 hours in the immigration line.

No clue.

Talk to me, gang!
Old April 28th 12, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:34:25
on Fri, 27 Apr 2012, redcat remarked:
My excitement is cooling. Look what just popped up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...s-at-airport-h
urt-Britains-reputation.html

No, it's no surprise -- except that this STILL hasn't been cleared up.
And if you say anything to the customs man, he replies as if he is from
another world. They never see a problem.

A lot of us Brits avoid Heathrow on principle, just like I expect others
avoid similarly overloaded airports like JFK.

It's always worth considering using a regional airport. Birmingham is
only 75 mins by train from London, compared to 60 mins for Heathrow. And
there are other bonuses, for example hotels "on campus" are much closer
to, and vastly cheaper than, ones at Heathrow, for those early morning
departures.
Old April 28th 12, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
redcat wrote:
Yay! Returning for my annual dose of Vitamin L. My oystercard is all
polished and I'm ready to take on the Capital.

Sunday - a visit to Jermyn St to get shirts for H. and then lunch at
Bentley's; Monday a tour of my old haunts in NW & a curry; ... more
shopping and more visiting during the week, and then "What the Butler
Saw" on Friday.

I'm so excited! But don't make me have to carry an umbrella. :-)

I would definitely have your umbrella ready at the moment :-)

Nick