Old May 8th 12, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Journeycheck for London Overground

Have TfL permanently ended Journeycheck for the Overground? My
shortcuts for http://www.journeycheck.com/londonoverground now redirect
to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ . I welcome the fact that the service updates
on TfL's site now include the Overground but neither that nor the more
detailed inf. there matches what JourneyCheck used to provide.

I know I can use nationalrail.co.uk to see departure/arrival times but I
wondered if I had missed where on TfL's site I could now find the
equivalent.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old May 14th 12, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08/05/2012 15:56, Robin wrote:
Have TfL permanently ended Journeycheck for the Overground? My
shortcuts for http://www.journeycheck.com/londonoverground now redirect
to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ . I welcome the fact that the service updates
on TfL's site now include the Overground but neither that nor the more
detailed inf. there matches what JourneyCheck used to provide.

JourneyCheck for London Overground can still be accessed via the PDA
version of the site:
http://pda.journeycheck.com/londonoverground

In the URL, "jcheck" can be substituted for "journeycheck", and "lo" can
be substituted for "londonoverground", meaning one can also get there via:
http://pda.jcheck.com/lo

There's also a WAP version available via:
http://wap.jcheck.com/londonoverground

(WAP sites won't normally display on standard internet browsers, but
using Firefox one can download the "wmlbrowser" add-on in order to get
WAP sites to work - not that one really needs to do so, mind.)

I know I can use nationalrail.co.uk to see departure/arrival times but I
wondered if I had missed where on TfL's site I could now find the
equivalent.

The TfL site doesn't directly offer 'live departure boards' for London
Overground stations/services, so it's off to nationalrail.co.uk for that
- it does however offer departure boards for Underground stations here
(but I imagine you know that already!):
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/departureboards/

To be precise, some LO services do actually feature on the above
departure boards - e.g. check Wembley Central and you can see "BR to
Euston" and "BR to Watford" - a nice anachronism from a previous era...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/departureboards/tube/default.asp?LineCode=bakerloo&StationCode=WEM
Old May 15th 12, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

JourneyCheck for London Overground can still be accessed via the PDA
version of the site:
http://pda.journeycheck.com/londonoverground

thanks for that. (The simplicity of the PDA version reminded me of the
Zen-like clarity of the initial Google.)