Old November 11th 07, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Overground Ticketing - t&c's

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information,
except explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ | Tickets | "Fares and tickets" (main link)

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking

Old November 11th 07, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:38:04 +0000, Paul G
wrote:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information,
except explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ | Tickets | "Fares and tickets" (main link)
| London Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide (PDF 251KB)

(Page 21)

Freedom Pass availability is different from PAYG, to confuse things
further.

Freedom Passes are not valid on Southern between Harrow & Wealdstone
and Watford. They also retain the 9.30 start time unlike London
Overground's, which is 9am (including up to Watford Junction.)
Old November 11th 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information,
except explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

Very interesting. This is by far the clearest and most detailed
explanation of much of Oyster's validity as well as specifics relating
to Overground that I've seen. It's most welcome and it confirms the
London Midland non acceptance of PAYG from Watford J - Harrow and
Wealdstone.
--
Paul C

Old November 11th 07, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

At 14:42:02 on Sun, 11 Nov 2007 Matthew Dickinson opined:-

wrote:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information,
except explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ | Tickets | "Fares and tickets" (main link)
| London Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide (PDF 251KB)

(Page 21)

Freedom Pass availability is different from PAYG, to confuse things
further.

Freedom Passes are not valid on Southern between Harrow & Wealdstone
and Watford.

The exact quote is "Cannot be used on London Midland or Southern
services between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction". Are there
any other services between these stations, or does this mean that
Freedom Passes and Oyster PAYG cannot be used at all here?

--
Thoss
Old November 11th 07, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The exact quote is "Cannot be used on London Midland or Southern
services between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction". Are there
any other services between these stations, or does this mean that
Freedom Passes and Oyster PAYG cannot be used at all here?

As of today, London Overground operate the slow service, on which PAYG
and Freedom passes are valid.

Old November 11th 07, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information,
except explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

Very interesting. This is by far the clearest and most detailed
explanation of much of Oyster's validity as well as specifics relating
to Overground that I've seen. It's most welcome and it confirms the
London Midland non acceptance of PAYG from Watford J - Harrow and
Wealdstone.

I have a hard copy LO timetable booklet here, that says London Midland do
accept PAYG between Euston and Watford Junction, however it also says
Southern accept PAYG between Clapham Junction and _Willesden_ Junction,
which is odd coz their route doesn't go there...

I've also picked up an updated ATOC/National Rail 'Oyster Guide' which
includes a new map, which is not on the website yet, which shows the whole
Southern route to Watford Junction, so the TfL booklet is possibly a typo?

The new station 'tube' maps that include the DC lines (there are a few
about - Stratford was pretty up to date) still have a note confirming
'special fares' apply beyond Hatch End...

Paul S

Old November 11th 07, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul G" wrote in message

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the terms and conditions of
travel has been published under the rather misleading title of "London
Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide". I was particularly looking for
fares information (it doesn't contain direct costings information, except
explaining which tickets types are available).

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-travel-gu
ide.pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ | Tickets | "Fares and tickets" (main link)
| London Overground Ticketing and Travel Guide (PDF 251KB)

Well they quickly clarify one point that I'd assumed from a range of web
sources:

"London Overground is part of the National Rail network and the National
Rail Conditions of
Carriage apply for journeys made on it unless we say otherwise in this
ticketing and travel guide.
When you buy a ticket to travel on London Overground, you enter into an
agreement with us.
That agreement gives you the right to make the journey or journeys between
the stations or
within the zones shown on the ticket you have paid for. The National Rail
Conditions of Carriage
are part of that agreement and apply to all journeys by scheduled passenger
trains of the Train
Operating Companies on the National Rail network."

That'll upset the bloke I met this afternoon who said 'Oh good, the NLL's
now part of the tube'...

Paul S

Old November 11th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
leo leo is offline

I see on the map at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...Overground.pdf
that Watford Junction is in Zone A. Thsi si printed on the TFL
website, as pricing for zone A exists I am assuming that a PAYG to
Watford Juncation should cost the same as to Watford Met.

Regards

Leo

Old November 11th 07, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

leo wrote:
I see on the map at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...Overground.pdf
that Watford Junction is in Zone A. Thsi si printed on the TFL
website, as pricing for zone A exists I am assuming that a PAYG to
Watford Juncation should cost the same as to Watford Met.

Maybe it will in 2010 (the subject of the map). For now "special fares
apply."

--
Michael Hoffman