Old May 11th 12, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ta,king the PIS at East Putney

On May 10, 4:22*pm, wrote:
In article , ] (Steve

Fitzgerald) wrote:
In message ,
writes

I'm not sure the ins and outs of the TDs at East Putney but I gather
it's something to do with being controlled by National Rail from
Wimbledon. They release trains from the platform there on demand and
not to a program machine which usually drives these TDs

Will that get sorted out in the SSL resignalling, does anyone know?

I would guess so. *The Wimbledon actually belongs to LUL now with
National Rail trains having running rights and I understand there is
consideration to changing it to LU signalling standards.

I wonder?

The information is generated by the westbound programme machine roll
train number at Putney Bridge. If the train is not that on the roll
then it should be manually altered by the Hammersmith signalman on to
a computer system that then shows the train locations on the NR area.
The data remains with the train until it returns. If it is incorrect
it is not corrected until Putney Bridge eastbound either by the
programme machine being in PM Only mode or by manual TD set up. At
times the computer does not work, but Tube Lines have made it more
reliable over the past few years or the westbound PM roll is wrong,
defective etc.

Or the DMI on the platform could be defective and be plus or minus
TDs. There is a way to test this.

The NR signalmen do not follow a timetable and simply signal trains
once the TRTS plunger has been operated.

I do notice that on arrival at Putney Bridge EB, there are 2 TDs on
the platform; the first one always has the generic destination as you
describe, the second one updates itself as I approach it to the
correct destination.

Hmm. I must look out for that next time I'm passing.

You have to be sat in the cab

Rats!

--
Colin Rosenstiel