Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 12, 10:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Took A Ride to Epping

(X-Posted to uk.transport.london to see if others have the answers.)

allantracy wrote:

With some time on my hands, earlier this week, I took a ride on the
Central line, all the way to Epping.

Most trains seemed to be heading either for Hainault or Epping or some
point short.

So how is the Chigwell loop operated is it still a shuttle or a
through train via Woodford?

In my experience it's a through service at Hainault that terminates at
Woodford (do they still do any peak throughs?) but with a lower frequency
between Hainault and Woodford than on the other lines. It's been a while
since I've paid attention to Central line destinations but is it possible
that to avoid sending confused passengers the long way round they're
announcing Woodford via Hainault services as just Hainault until the loop?

Woodford seemed somewhat ill equipped to handle a terminating shuttle
having only two platforms.

I discovered that Epping is a long way by Tube.

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c