Old October 2nd 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Central Line P&R [was: Took A Ride to Epping]

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:42:21 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
In that case I might mention it to my relatives. Perhaps they can try it
instead of redbridge.

Cheaper too given BHR is in Zone 3 rather than Zone 4 as Redbridge is.

Good point.

B2003

Old October 3rd 12, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:06:52 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

The worst part IS the bottom of the M11, where it narrows over the Crooked
Billet roundabout.

pedant mode

Charlie Brown's Roundabout is under the A406/M11 junction.

PM

Quite right! Sorry.

--
Brian

Old October 3rd 12, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:05:16 +0100
"Brian Watson" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:01:00 +0100
"Brian Watson" wrote:
I generally either use Ely station (£3 a day parking nearby) or drive
down
to Redbridge or Blackhorse Road and Tube in from there.

Blackhorse road seems an odd choice. Surely driving all the way into
walthamstow negates any time saving benefits of getting the tube , not
mention lack of parking?

I can time a road journey from home to keep going at a sensible speed down
the M11 and round the North Circ to Blackhorse Road, arriving at about
9.15-9.30.

I've never had a problem parking there at that time.

In that case I might mention it to my relatives. Perhaps they can try it
instead of redbridge.

Depends where they are coming from, of course, but it works for me.

--
Brian

Old October 3rd 12, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
In that case I might mention it to my relatives. Perhaps they can try it
instead of redbridge.

Cheaper too given BHR is in Zone 3 rather than Zone 4 as Redbridge is.

Good point.

AND quicker to the centre of town too.

--
Brian

Old October 16th 12, 04:31 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Masson[_3_] View Post
In the 1960s and 1970s Woodford - Hainault was operated with a 4-car
shuttle, without any through running at either end. This included the period
before and after the shuttle was used for ATO testing.

Currently a full-length train is used which runs through Hainault and
terminating at Woodford, using the reversing siding (No. 21 Road) south of
the station. Sometimes the Live Departure Boards show a train as 'At road
21'. There are a couple of trains in each peak which start from Hainault
Depot, come into passenger service at Grange Hill, and run through to
Central London via Woodford. There are no corresponding journeys in the
other direction, and these are the only through trains between the Hainault
Loop and Leytonstone via Woodford.

Peter
London Underground have announced that the Central Line loop between
Woodford and Hainault will be closed for repairs/servicing/upgrading
between 24th of October and 4th of November.
Old October 16th 12, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Took A Ride to Epping

Robin9 wrote:

London Underground have announced that the Central Line loop between
Woodford and Hainault will be closed for repairs/servicing/upgrading
between 24th of October and 4th of November.

I only noticed the posters this evening. There seem to be some more
convoluted closures on the loop but I didn't have time to check the details.

Anyone now if there will be rail replacement buses laid on?

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c