Old October 17th 12, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A couple of signs

Basil Jet wrote on 17 October 2012 01:15:05 ...
On 2012\10\17 01:03, Richard J. wrote:

"The footbridge over the A406 near IKEA" isn't a unique identifier.
There is in fact another footbridge over the A406 near IKEA that
appears to be wheelchair accessible, having both steps and a separate
series of ramps, though Google Street View doesn't show any
wheelchair signs. But not the same IKEA as yours. (It's at
Wembley.)

Since we're being pedantic, it's in Neasden, part of the former
Municipal Borough of Willesden. The Municipal Borough of Wembley was on
the other side of the River Brent. I don't believe that the creation of
the London Borough of Brent by merging the two boroughs has caused
Wembley to grow across the river.

I was going to say it was in Neasden until I realised that IKEA (and
also Tesco next door) refer to it as Wembley.
--
Richard J.
Old October 22nd 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

Firstly, the footbridge over the A406 near IKEA is signposted as
wheelchair accessible, despite being rather steep and stepped. Is that a
mistake, or could a wheelchair really get up there?

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.611306,-0.044409&spn=0.001014,0.002411&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cb ll=51.611276,-0.044547&panoid=0jKkzCXKQYOI0gbAIwUDLw&cbp=12,88.2 9,,1,-2.1

It isn't a mistake. That style of ramp is generally described as
being wheelchair accessible, although I wouldn't feel confident if I
was in a wheelchair.