Old November 11th 12, 04:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card

I can't imagine that they would allow that. Best use 2 Oysters.

Old November 11th 12, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message

, at 05:44:18 on Sun, 11 Nov 2012, Recliner

remarked:
For someone who becomes 60 today, they'll have to wait until 6 July
2015 to qualify for a national bus pass, assuming they haven't
changed the rules again by then.

That depends on the issuing council(s). I'm sure Cambridgeshire will be one
of the meanest.

Are you saying that councils have discretion on when they'll issue the
passes? And if so, do they generally exercise it to issue them earlier or
later than the "female retirement age" benchmark?

They can issue a local pass earlier if they want, as London now does, but
the national bus pass scheme starts when someone reaches female retirement
age. I don't think English councils can opt out of that.

Have any of the shire counties opted-in to provide the passes early?
Old November 11th 12, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:18:12 -0600, Recliner
wrote:

Thanks for the info. Do you know what would happen if I tried to use it to
enter a NR station before 9:30? Would it open the gate? And what happens
if it's an ungated station with an Oyster reader?

It should not open the gate. Before Freedom Passes were made 24 hours
they would not open a gate before 0900 / 0930. This is the same as
happens with off peak One Day Travelcards that similarly do not open
gates before 0930 M-F.

A validator should show a reject message but obviously it can't
physically stop you entering the platform. You would be at risk of
being caught for ticketless travel if you travel on a NR service
before your pass becomes valid.

I see that a few NR routes, traditionally those with
inter-availability with LU, offer free travel before 0930 M-F.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...tocard-pdf.pdf

Thanks, yes it's confusing how bits of the Chiltern lines that parallel or
share LU lines have 24 availability, but others don't.
Old November 11th 12, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/ne...ds_for_travel/