Old February 27th 13, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Boris Bus is one year old

It doesn't seem like it, but the Boris Bus has been in (very limited)
service for a year today. Still on only one route, and still only the
original batch of prototypes, but nevertheless a daily sight in London:

http://londonist.com/2013/02/happy-b...m_medium=email

Old February 27th 13, 09:20 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recliner[_2_] View Post
It doesn't seem like it, but the Boris Bus has been in (very limited)
service for a year today. Still on only one route, and still only the
original batch of prototypes, but nevertheless a daily sight in London:

http://londonist.com/2013/02/happy-b...m_medium=email
I haven't travelled on this bus yet even though the 38 comes quite close to me.
(In the old days the 38 used to terminate at Leyton Green bus depot. I used it a lot in those days.)

Is this boris bus any good or is it like Boris: all show and no performance?
Old February 27th 13, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Recliner) wrote:

It doesn't seem like it, but the Boris Bus has been in (very limited)
service for a year today. Still on only one route, and still only the
original batch of prototypes, but nevertheless a daily sight in
London:

http://londonist.com/2013/02/happy-b...php?utm_source
=Today%27s+posts+from+Londonist&utm_campaign=6f12a 5c9f4-Londonist+Daily&utm_m
edium=email

Sounds like a more rapid development trajectory than the Routemaster which
took from 1954 to 1959 from first prototype to the first fleet service.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 27th 13, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-02-27 21:12:27 +0000, Recliner said:

It doesn't seem like it, but the Boris Bus has been in (very limited)
service for a year today. Still on only one route, and still only the
original batch of prototypes, but nevertheless a daily sight in London.

Good to see them near us in Dalston. Accoding to family lore, my
paternal grandparents met on the top deck of a 38 - I'm sure they are
spinning contentedly in their graves.

E.

Old February 28th 13, 08:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:
;136303']It doesn't seem like it, but the Boris Bus has been in (very

http://tinyurl.com/dy96jbx

I haven't travelled on this bus yet even though the 38 comes quite close
to me.
(In the old days the 38 used to terminate at Leyton Green bus depot. I
used it a lot in those days.)

Is this boris bus any good or is it like Boris: all show and no
performance?

It's nice to travel on -- smoother and quieter than other buses, easy to
get on and off. But, perhaps a bit like Bozza, it does have a weight
problem...

Old March 1st 13, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It is superb. You are missing out! Go and! have a trip on one
Old March 2nd 13, 11:12 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offramp View Post
It is superb. You are missing out! Go and! have a trip on one
All right; I will! Either today or tomorrow.
Old March 2nd 13, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:12:35 +0000, Robin9
wrote:

Offramp;136321 Wrote:
It is superb. You are missing out! Go and! have a trip on one

All right; I will! Either today or tomorrow.

Obviously make sure you use the open rear platform (see if the
platform supervisor lets you do it when the bus is moving...).

If you've not already seen it, here's the NB4L timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/038X.pdf

Note that Sunday service is quite limited and irregular (roughly
hourly).
Old March 2nd 13, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Offramp;136321 Wrote:
It is superb. You are missing out! Go and! have a trip on one

All right; I will! Either today or tomorrow.

Obviously make sure you use the open rear platform (see if the
platform supervisor lets you do it when the bus is moving...).

If you've not already seen it, here's the NB4L timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/038X.pdf

Note that Sunday service is quite limited and irregular (roughly
hourly).

Only every 20-30 minutes even at weekday peaks!

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 2nd 13, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:

Offramp;136321 Wrote:
It is superb. You are missing out! Go and! have a trip on one

All right; I will! Either today or tomorrow.

Obviously make sure you use the open rear platform (see if the
platform supervisor lets you do it when the bus is moving...).

If you've not already seen it, here's the NB4L timetable:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/038X.pdf

Note that Sunday service is quite limited and irregular (roughly
hourly).

Only every 20-30 minutes even at weekday peaks!

Yes, only about one in every three or four 38s is one of the eight NB4L
prototypes.