Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 11th 13, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Barclays Cycle Hire update

I've just had an email with that subject:
"Following customer feedback, we are upgrading Barclays Cycle Hire so
that you can set up separate bike access periods for any additional
keys, hire a bike from the docking station terminal using the payment
card registered to your account and view 12 months of transaction
history online. ..."

Until now, I've had 2 keys: 1 annual and 1 daily.
To do so, I have to have 2 accounts with distinct credit cards and email
addresses.
It is a particularly stupid arrangement. When I opened an account, I
wanted to have 4 keys: 1 annual and 3 daily - each account can have up
to 4 keys. The trouble is that using one key on an account charges all
keys on that account. I decided not to go for 4 accounts.

This is a HUGE improvement.
Users now need bikes and empty slots at all stations.

This is an arbitrary snapshot, taken from
https://web.barclayscyclehire.tfl.gov.uk/maps
Bikes Slots Stations 11/09 21:11
0 20 St. Mary Axe Aldgate
0 19 New Globe Walk Bankside
0 18 Barbican Centre Barbican
20 0 Bishop's Bridge Road East Bayswater
19 0 Globe Town Market Bethnal Green
31 0 Hollybush Gardens Bethnal Green
19 0 Pott Street Bethnal Green
0 25 Great Russell Street Bloomsbury
18 0 Limerston Street Chelsea
9 0 Royal Avenue 1 Chelsea
10 0 Royal Avenue 2 Chelsea
22 0 Great Percy Street Clerkenwell
0 18 Earnshaw Street Covent Garden
0 17 High Holborn Covent Garden
0 12 Charlotte Street Fitzrovia
0 23 Foley Street Fitzrovia
0 28 Howland Street Fitzrovia
0 13 Rathbone Street Fitzrovia
0 15 The Guildhall Guildhall
0 16 Wood Street Guildhall
27 0 Pitfield Street (North) Hoxton
21 0 Pitfield Street Central Hoxton
27 0 Shoreditch Park Hoxton
26 0 Wenlock Road Hoxton
28 0 Holy Trinity Brompton Knightsbridge
0 20 Imperial College Knightsbridge
0 22 Baker Street Marylebone
18 0 Bell Street Marylebone
0 14 Old Quebec Street Marylebone
0 12 Farm Street Mayfair
19 0 Green Street Mayfair
0 18 Sackville Street Mayfair
0 35 Clinton Road Mile End
0 19 Great Tower Street Monument
0 21 Lansdowne Walk Notting Hill
18 0 Warwick Square Pimlico
20 0 Curlew Street Shad Thames
22 0 Garnet Street Shadwell
0 39 Great Marlborough Street Soho
15 0 Moor Street Soho
30 0 Walworth Road Southwark
0 23 Lord's St. John's Wood
0 13 Houghton Street Strand
0 13 Southampton Street Strand
21 0 Borough High Street The Borough
0 29 Fire Brigade Pier Vauxhall
17 0 St. Martin's Street West End
34 0 Christian Street Whitechapel
18 0 New Road 1 Whitechapel
18 0 Old Montague Street Whitechapel

That is 50 unusable stations in 549.

Has anyone details of a Windows Mobile Boris Bike ap?
I'd even pay a small sum.
--
Walter Briscoe