Old October 31st 13, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass

You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit card-sized piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the appropriate card to the reader.

Old October 31st 13, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:

(Mark Bestley) wrote on 31 October 2013 17:04:35 ...
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:14:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Recently my Freedom Pass has failed at some Oyster Readers (usually
Underground ones)with an error 94.

The only thing that has changed is that I now have in my wallet a
proximity debit card.

Would this cause problems?

Yes because TfL are almost certainly deploying new software to all
card reading devices (on rail modes) in preparation for launch of
contactless bank card acceptance and daily capping in 2014. There
will be "clash detection" in operation when someone presents two cards
within the read area of the target on the gate or validator. As the
reader cannot determine which card the holder wants to have read it
will reject both.

I understand that there had previously been only a couple of locations
with new software for testing purposes.

I know we're all different in how we organise things like cards but I
always keep Oyster cards and bank cards in separate wallets.

I have only one wallet and that is too many How with one wallet will
you use these cards? I don't want to carry a bag/purse around to put all
these wallets in. Perhaps I could put them in may back pocket as I did
with paper seasons or does that still break the connections?

Go to johnlewis.com and search for "trifold wallet". You can put one
RFID card in each of the two fold-out sections, other cards in the
middle section.

That is still only one wallet is that sufficient to stop problems?
--
Mark
Old October 31st 13, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:08:27 -0700 (PDT)
Steve Lewis wrote:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

--
Spud

Old October 31st 13, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Lewis wrote:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit
card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life
easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing
around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the
wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

relative to getting on the end of a 10 minute queue it is

tim

--
Spud

Old October 31st 13, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Lewis wrote:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

So keep the card(s) outside the wallet, just as you'd have done with any
older technology cards.

Old October 31st 13, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message

, at 16:04:15 on Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Recliner

remarked:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

So keep the card(s) outside the wallet, just as you'd have done with any
older technology cards.

What sort of "older" cards did you have in mind?

When I worked with a client who RFID door locks, it was the same
footprint as a credit card, but about 3x as thick, but I still kept it
in my wallet. Stopped Oyster cards working unless I took them out,
though.
Old November 1st 13, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Recently my Freedom Pass has failed at some Oyster Readers (usually
Underground ones)with an error 94.

The only thing that has changed is that I now have in my wallet a
proximity debit card.

Would this cause problems?

There's even a poster about this on some bus stops, basically;

Oyster and other cards are bad medicine and sometimes the reader will ignore
the Freedom pass and charge your card.

I always keep my Freedom pass in its own wallet.

--
Edward Cowling North London UK
http://twitter.com/gnilwoce

Old November 1st 13, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Lewis wrote:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit
card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life
easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing
around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the
wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

relative to getting on the end of a 10 minute queue it is

Curently I can carry my pass/oyster and a credit card in one wallett
where is the 10 minute queue here?

--
Mark
Old November 1st 13, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:27:00 on
Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Mark Bestley remarked:
Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life
easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing
around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the
wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

relative to getting on the end of a 10 minute queue it is

Curently I can carry my pass/oyster and a credit card in one wallett

The indications are that this will stop working quite soon (unless your
wallet is capable of separating them sufficiently when you touch-in).

Or perhaps your credit card isn't yet Paywave enabled - wait until it
gets replaced.

where is the 10 minute queue here?

For a paper ticket.
Old November 1st 13, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Lewis wrote:
You can have 2 RFID cards in a single wallet by putting a credit
card-sized
piece of foil between them. You then turn your wallet to present the
appropriate card to the reader.

Someone remind me - arn't we being told RFID is supposed to make life
easier?

Requiring multiple wallets or wallets with seperate sections or ****ing
around
with bloody tin foil and then having to remember which way up to put the
wallet
on the reader for gods sake wouldn't be my definition of "easier".

relative to getting on the end of a 10 minute queue it is

I could put up with a short queue to renew a paper travelcard once a week or
month if it saves me hassle every single time I go through a gate.

--
Spud