Old May 23rd 14, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London bus routes and passenger numbers

Hi Paul,

Is there any chance I could get a hold of that data - doing a project on London buses at the moment and that data would be very useful.

Best,
Sethmi

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:44:44 PM UTC, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:05:28 +0000, Mizter T

wrote:

TfL publish a fair amount of information about the performance of the

bus network, but this focusses on timeliness and on mileage operated.

Is there any public information out there about passenger numbers, for

example by bus route?

TfL supplied 12 years worth of data of bus route patronage to the

London Assembly Transport Committee. It's on the Assembly website

under their Bus Report issued late last year. The spreadsheet is also

in the London Datastore. Some of the data is a bit rough - especially

where route numbers have been reused over the 12 year period. It's all

on the same line in the spreadsheet!

I have produced a spreadsheet of the data and added a load of extra

data like operator, start / end points, plus calculated year on year

percentage changes and the 12 year change. I've also tried to identify

what might have caused the changes in patronage (extra frequencies,

extensions, curtailments etc). There is also a "look up" table so you

can enter the route number and the relevant data for the route

appears.

If you would like a copy then drop me a line at plcd1 at yahoo dot co

dot uk and I'll send you a copy.

--

Paul C

Old May 24th 14, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks Paul! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Sethmi

wrote:

[...]

I have recently updated the spreadsheet to include the 2013/14 data

that TfL have just published. I am also working to do a "rough and

ready" calculation of bus route capacity to give a view of which bus

routes are under or over capacity relative to annual demand.

I see you have sent me an email and I'm drafting a reply.

For those who want the updated version with the new data then use the

email address in the post above.

--

Paul C