Old June 3rd 14, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Last two weeks of the C stock

On 30/05/2014 00:24, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]
I understand the last trains run next week as 4 units go for scrapping
then. Last day looks like Monday 3 June 2014. Running number 074 is
apparently scheduled for C stock until 1339 (lunchtime).

[...]
Tuesday 3rd June not the Monday as I said before.

So the last C stock ran in normal service earlier today then?

In which case I missed giving them a final ride, but I expect I'll live!

What I did miss out on is not going for a final ride on the A stock on
the Chesham branch.
Old June 7th 14, 01:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-06-03 19:12:06 +0000, Mizter T said:

On 30/05/2014 00:24, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]
I understand the last trains run next week as 4 units go for scrapping
then. Last day looks like Monday 3 June 2014. Running number 074 is
apparently scheduled for C stock until 1339 (lunchtime).

[...]
Tuesday 3rd June not the Monday as I said before.

So the last C stock ran in normal service earlier today then?

In which case I missed giving them a final ride, but I expect I'll live!

Same here, but it's a shame. But I can claim that I rode on them before
they entered service as C69s provided a shuttle service from a very
puddly Moorgate to a Neasden open day in - when?

Old June 7th 14, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 7 Jun 2014 02:11:10 +0100
On 2014-06-03 19:12:06 +0000, Mizter T said:

On 30/05/2014 00:24, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]
I understand the last trains run next week as 4 units go for scrapping
then. Last day looks like Monday 3 June 2014. Running number 074 is
apparently scheduled for C stock until 1339 (lunchtime).
[...]
Tuesday 3rd June not the Monday as I said before.

So the last C stock ran in normal service earlier today then?

In which case I missed giving them a final ride, but I expect I'll live!

Same here, but it's a shame. But I can claim that I rode on them before

Good riddence to them. Horrible trains made even worse by the idiots who
converted them to longitudinal seating with some seats that were too small
for anyone of normal size.

--
Spud

Old June 8th 14, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message ...

Good riddence to them. Horrible trains made even worse by the idiots who
converted them to longitudinal seating with some seats that were too small
for anyone of normal size.

--
Spud

But with the great advantage that without side doors at the
carriage ends, each carriage provided four seats, two facing
at each end, where it was possible to drop off without fellow
passengers needing to step over your feet, or generally
"brush past". Or when wide awake the opportunity to gawp at
the passengers in the adjoining carriage before they
eventually copped on.

michael adams