Old February 5th 04, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Fault

There does seem to be a fault with the oyster system.

Today a customer with a Zones23 travelcard made a journey from Camden Town
to Finchley Central and was charged £1.70 for the trip. The price should
have been £1.00.
I asked the Prestige helpdesk and was informed that there is a problem with
routeing. I am unsure exactly what that means.

Those of you who use a combination of travelcard and pre-pay should keep a
close eye on how much you are being charged. Though I am sure you already
do.

Old February 6th 04, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Anon" wrote in message
There does seem to be a fault with the oyster system.

I still buy my weekly travel card and have no problems, yet
I seem to be constantly stuck behind Oyster users told
to "Seek assistance" by the barriers.

Judging by the cursing and moaning I think there are
more than a few teething problems with Oyster.

--
Edward Cowling - London - UK

Old February 6th 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:17:08 -0000, "Edward Cowling"
wrote:

Judging by the cursing and moaning I think there are
more than a few teething problems with Oyster.

Or teething problems with Oyster users who aren't touching their card to
the reader at both ends of their journey, regardless of whether or not
the gates are open, and ending up with unresolved journeys?

Mind you, it would help if TfL had stickers on the readers (and,
perhaps, included in the info you get when you get an Oyster card)
informing people that they need to do that...

Cya,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

DISCLAIMER: The above comments do not necessarily represent the
views of my employers.
Old February 6th 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote in
:
Mind you, it would help if TfL had stickers on the readers (and,
perhaps, included in the info you get when you get an Oyster card)
informing people that they need to do that...

I saw such a sticker on a reader at Charing cross. Whether it was meant to
be there or just a helpful idea by a member of staff at that station ...

I find it very hard to understand why the message isnt getting through to
people. I am getting fed up of hearing the announcement.

--
Andrew Black
andrewblack at despammed.com
London
Old February 7th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:06:04 -0000, "Anon"
wrote:

There does seem to be a fault with the oyster system.

Today a customer with a Zones23 travelcard made a journey from Camden Town
to Finchley Central and was charged £1.70 for the trip. The price should
have been £1.00.
I asked the Prestige helpdesk and was informed that there is a problem with
routeing. I am unsure exactly what that means.

I've had the same problem, being charged £1.60 for a trip to Holloway
Road from South Wimbledon on a Z12 Travelcard. I think the only thing
to do is, as you suggest, keep an eye on it and complain at the
destination station when it happens.

Old February 11th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Anon wrote:

There does seem to be a fault with the oyster system.

Today a customer with a Zones23 travelcard made a journey from Camden Town
to Finchley Central and was charged £1.70 for the trip. The price should
have been £1.00.

Hmm. I got charged £1 (from my Pre-Pay balance of £0.00) for a single
journey from Whitechapel to Stepney Green[*], despite my Oyster having a
Z1234 annual on it. Only found out when I tried to get home...
[*] I didn't fancy getting drenched...