Old July 12th 14, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ken ken is offline

Default Bromley North

I noticed the National Rail database showing a half hour service into
Victoria tomorrow. There is no similar service for following Sunday, or
the one after that so I take it is for some one off, rather than a
spanking new service.

Does anyone know what it is all about?

Old July 12th 14, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014\07\12 17:41, ken wrote:
I noticed the National Rail database showing a half hour service into
Victoria tomorrow. There is no similar service for following Sunday, or
the one after that so I take it is for some one off, rather than a
spanking new service.

Does anyone know what it is all about?

I'd imagine the line through Elmstead Woods is shut for engineering work.
Old July 12th 14, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

On 2014\07\12 17:41, ken wrote:
I noticed the National Rail database showing a half hour service into
Victoria tomorrow. There is no similar service for following Sunday, or
the one after that so I take it is for some one off, rather than a
spanking new service.

Does anyone know what it is all about?

I'd imagine the line through Elmstead Woods is shut for engineering work.

The main blockade is at Bickley Junction. Main line trains from Victoria are
diverted via Nunhead, Lewisham, Grove Park and Chislehurst. Victoria to
Orpington trains will terminate at Bromley South. Among other things, the
Victoria to Bromley North trains give a connection off the Main line trains
at Grove Park for Bromley.

Peter

Old July 12th 14, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ken ken is offline

Peter Masson wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

On 2014\07\12 17:41, ken wrote:
I noticed the National Rail database showing a half hour service into
Victoria tomorrow. There is no similar service for following Sunday, or
the one after that so I take it is for some one off, rather than a
spanking new service.

Does anyone know what it is all about?

I'd imagine the line through Elmstead Woods is shut for engineering work.

The main blockade is at Bickley Junction. Main line trains from Victoria
are diverted via Nunhead, Lewisham, Grove Park and Chislehurst. Victoria
to Orpington trains will terminate at Bromley South. Among other things,
the Victoria to Bromley North trains give a connection off the Main line
trains at Grove Park for Bromley.

Peter

OK thanks. Its interesting that the NR website doesn't say this but
instead chooses to tell me about disruption between Harlech and Pwllheli.

It's a pity they don't run the service every Sunday.
Old July 12th 14, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"ken" wrote

OK thanks. Its interesting that the NR website doesn't say this but
instead chooses to tell me about disruption between Harlech and Pwllheli.

It is there, but under Future Engineering Works.
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...AndFuture.aspx

Peter