Old September 1st 14, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Overground expanded inwardly.

The BBC this morning has decided that the Circle, District & Hammersmith and City are now part of the London Overground. BBC travel page 432.

Old September 1st 14, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Northolt Park Gates wrote on 01 September
2014 13:04:31 ...
The BBC this morning has decided that the Circle, District & Hammersmith and City are now part of the London Overground. BBC travel page 432.

Is that meant to be a web page? If so, please provide the URL. If it's
www.bbc.com/travel/432, that's part of the BBC's international service,
and can't be accessed from the UK.

The UK travel pages at bbc.co.uk/travel are differently numbered and the
ones I've looked at don't have the Overground expansion that you claim
to have seen.
--
Richard J.
Old September 1st 14, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:34:22 +0100, "Richard J."
wrote:

Northolt Park Gates wrote on 01 September
2014 13:04:31 ...
The BBC this morning has decided that the Circle, District &
Hammersmith and City are now part of the London Overground. BBC travel page 432.

Is that meant to be a web page? If so, please provide the URL. If it's
www.bbc.com/travel/432, that's part of the BBC's international service,
and can't be accessed from the UK.

The UK travel pages at bbc.co.uk/travel are differently numbered and the
ones I've looked at don't have the Overground expansion that you claim
to have seen.

Almost certainly the text page on the television! London travel info
is usually on page 436.

Ah, I wondered. I've never bothered with those Freeview
successor-to-Teletext pages since the web and broadband in the 21st
century. I assumed that hardly anyone watches them, so they're probably
supported by a lens-than-skeleton staff of low-paid interns or the like.
Old September 1st 14, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote on 01 September 2014
21:06:47 ...
wrote:

[...]

I'd completely forgotten about son-of-Ceefax. One of those older
technologies that few people know about (like Usenet!)
--
Richard J.
Old September 1st 14, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-09-01 20:06:47 +0000, Recliner said:

Ah, I wondered. I've never bothered with those Freeview
successor-to-Teletext pages since the web and broadband in the 21st
century. I assumed that hardly anyone watches them, so they're probably
supported by a lens-than-skeleton staff of low-paid interns or the like.

They appear to be an automatic feed from the first couple of paragraphs
of the BBC News Online article, as indeed Ceefax appeared to be in its
latter days.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old September 2nd 14, 06:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:26:34 on Mon, 1 Sep
2014, Neil Williams remarked:
Ah, I wondered. I've never bothered with those Freeview
successor-to-Teletext pages since the web and broadband in the 21st
century. I assumed that hardly anyone watches them, so they're probably
supported by a lens-than-skeleton staff of low-paid interns or the like.

They appear to be an automatic feed from the first couple of paragraphs
of the BBC News Online article, as indeed Ceefax appeared to be in its
latter days.

And the actual stories picked bear a strong resemblance to the website's
"most read".