Old September 10th 14, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ITSO Travelcards

On 10/09/2014 14:44, David Walters wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:31:42 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
The one thing that ****es me off is that I will often touch in at
Thornton Heath a minute or so before the 09:30 cut-off for off-peak
fares, but the next train doesn't leave until after the cut-off.
Therefore I think I should be charged at the off-peak rate.

That's not my experience. I used to catch a 0926 train from Oakleigh
Park which was frequently a few minutes late. There are validators on
the platform and as long as I touched in at 0927 or later I would pay
an off-peak fare.

Yep, there's a leeway of I think 3 minutes in favour of the punter - so
an 0927 touch-in should get you an off-peak fare.

That train has now been re-timed and is scheduled to depart at 0925
which it usually does IME so I've ended up paying more.

Old September 11th 14, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:06:11 on
Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I'm much less informed about the CPC stuff. I understand the issue of
requiring PIN validation after so many "wave and pay" ones. I thought
TfL had negotiated a way round this but again I can't point to
anything in detail.

Building on my posting from yesterday, I think we know that TfL CPC
transactions are all "zero pence", so that would mean the CPC's internal
"money spent since the last PIN transaction" counter won't be
incrementing each time.

All we'd need then is for, either built in by default, or as a special
TfL feature, for the "number of waves" counter not to increment either
when it sees a zero-value transaction or a TfL transaction. Perhaps such
functionality would be inherent in TfL's readers.

Of course, the most recent conventional transaction might have been the
one which tripped the counters into the state of "ask for a PIN next
time", but that can't be done at a TfL gate so postponing it for the
next conventional transaction must be inherent in the design.
Old September 12th 14, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 8 September 2014 11:04:09 UTC+1, Matthew Dickinson wrote:
I just got an Epsom + Z1-6 Travelcard on my Southern Key card. It seems to operate gates as fast as Oyster, and the journey history shows up on the web page within half an hour, rather than next day for Oyster.

I've travelled around with it quite a bit in the last few days. The only problem I've had is the gateline at St Pancras Low Level not recognising it.
Old September 12th 14, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:54:57 on
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
I just got an Epsom + Z1-6 Travelcard on my Southern Key card. It seems to operate gates as fast as Oyster, and the journey history shows up
on the web page within half an hour, rather than next day for Oyster.

I've travelled around with it quite a bit in the last few days. The only problem I've had is the gateline at St Pancras Low Level not
recognising it.

Oh well Govia can get cracking with fixing that when they take over at
0200 on Sunday!

it's rather odd that a Zone 1 gateline should not recognise a valid
Travelcard product. I wonder if it was down to an ITSO card not being
recognised in which it's possibly hardware or software or both.

Could be something to do with the multiple domestic gate-lines within
the complex (unless some are combined there are eight: SPILL, MML,
Hi-Speed, East Coast, FCC [rip], Northern, Western and Classic tube
halls).

Perhaps they haven't properly fettled all of them?

Old September 12th 14, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 12 September 2014 18:09:19 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

The error code I got was 57, which basically means out of zone.

The High Speed gateline doesn't have any card readers installed, and I'm not sure whether the ITSO only EMT gateline would be considered to be in a Travelcard zone.

Old September 12th 14, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote ...

On Monday, 8 September 2014 11:04:09 UTC+1, Matthew Dickinson wrote:
I just got an Epsom + Z1-6 Travelcard on my Southern Key card. It seems
to operate gates as fast as Oyster, and the journey history shows up on
the web page within half an hour, rather than next day for Oyster.

I've travelled around with it quite a bit in the last few days. The only
problem I've had is the gateline at St Pancras Low Level not recognising
it.

Have you tried it on a TfL bus or Tramlink reader?

--
Mike D

Old September 12th 14, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TfL buses work fine. The ETM flashes up ITSO card. I haven't tried Tramlink yet.
Old September 12th 14, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

TfL buses work fine. The ETM flashes up ITSO card. I haven't tried
Tramlink yet.

Curious. My National Bus Concession card did work this week. I tried it on 3
buses too.

--
Colin Rosenstiel