Old December 19th 14, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus stop length

On 19/12/2014 16:34, Mizter T wrote:

On 19/12/2014 15:32, JNugent wrote:

On 18/12/2014 17:16, Mizter T wrote:

On 18/12/2014 14:36, JNugent wrote:

On 17/12/2014 18:46, wrote:
[...]
Who marks the Bus Stops in London? The local highway authority like in
the rest of the country or TfL?

Transport against London *is* the highway authority.

A corrupt situation.

Ridiculous comment, absent of any meaning.

That you cannot agree that the current situation is a corrupting process
simply means that you approve of it.

I do...

I knew it.

Old December 19th 14, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/12/2014 16:59, JNugent wrote:

On 19/12/2014 16:34, Mizter T wrote:
[...]
Who marks the Bus Stops in London? The local highway authority
like in the rest of the country or TfL?

Transport against London *is* the highway authority.

A corrupt situation.

Ridiculous comment, absent of any meaning.

That you cannot agree that the current situation is a corrupting process
simply means that you approve of it.

I do...

I knew it.

Of course, I don't think it's corrupt in the slightest.
Old December 19th 14, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/12/2014 17:50, Mizter T wrote:

On 19/12/2014 16:59, JNugent wrote:
On 19/12/2014 16:34, Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Who marks the Bus Stops in London? The local highway authority
like in the rest of the country or TfL?

Transport against London *is* the highway authority.
A corrupt situation.

Ridiculous comment, absent of any meaning.

That you cannot agree that the current situation is a corrupting
process simply means that you approve of it.

I do...

I knew it.

Of course, I don't think it's corrupt in the slightest.

I see what you mean... one competing provider in the market has a whip
hand over all the other competitors and has the power to obliterate
their access to the highway... what could possibly go wrong?

Old December 19th 14, 06:05 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

What is the opposite of preaching to the converted? I suspect in this
forum you're preaching to an unsympathetic congregation. For what it's
worth, I agree with you completely. I am a motorist and I regard TfL
as the enemy. I have done since about six months after they started.
Old December 19th 14, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 19/12/2014 17:50, Mizter T wrote:

On 19/12/2014 16:59, JNugent wrote:
On 19/12/2014 16:34, Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Who marks the Bus Stops in London? The local highway authority
like in the rest of the country or TfL?

Transport against London *is* the highway authority.
A corrupt situation.

Ridiculous comment, absent of any meaning.

That you cannot agree that the current situation is a corrupting
process simply means that you approve of it.

I do...

I knew it.

Of course, I don't think it's corrupt in the slightest.

I see what you mean... one competing provider in the market has a whip
hand over all the other competitors and has the power to obliterate their
access to the highway... what could possibly go wrong?

just because they can abuse this position doesn't mean that they will
what examples of actual abuse here do you have?

tim

Old December 20th 14, 01:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/12/2014 23:07, tim..... wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
[...]

You seem very trusting of oppressive dictators.

Have you never heard the name "Livingstone"?
Old December 20th 14, 01:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/12/2014 22:53, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:30:52 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

On 18/12/2014 16:47, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:36:27 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

On 17/12/2014 18:46, wrote:
In article ,
(Basil Jet)
wrote:

When the bendybuses were in use, every bus stop that they served was
lengthened to about 100 feet, even those in the middle of nowhere
which were only served by bendybuses at night (such as those at the
northern end of the N29 route). Have any bus stops been shortened
since the bendybuses were removed? Are they waiting until the roads
are re-tarmacked, or are they going to be 100 feet long for ever?

Who marks the Bus Stops in London? The local highway authority like in the
rest of the country or TfL?

Transport against London *is* the highway authority.

A corrupt situation.

Hardly given the small proportion of the road network TfL actually
manage.

The boroughs have the lion's share.

Look at the last few pages of the document below - it lists out who is
responsible for what on the road network.

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/str...May%202011.pdf

Have you tried driving (a car) along any of London's major arteries
recently?

No but I don't see how that remark automatically means TfL are a
corrupt organisation which is what you implied. There is no point in
turning London's roads into motorways given the decline in car usage
over the last decade.

Do you think that having £10 a day purloined from your bank account
might have an effect on "car usage"?
Old December 21st 14, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/12/2014 18:38, JNugent wrote:

On 19/12/2014 17:50, Mizter T wrote:
[...]
Transport against London *is* the highway authority.
A corrupt situation.

Ridiculous comment, absent of any meaning.

That you cannot agree that the current situation is a corrupting
process simply means that you approve of it.

I do...

I knew it.

Of course, I don't think it's corrupt in the slightest.

I see what you mean... one competing provider in the market has a whip
hand over all the other competitors and has the power to obliterate
their access to the highway... what could possibly go wrong?

An awful lot if you had your way. Thankfully, you don't!
Old December 22nd 14, 07:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-12-17 20:35:01 +0000, Paul Corfield said:
Not sure but TfL recently consulted on the design standards for
accessible bus stops. The document will be on the TfL Consultation
hub. Aha -

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/bus...esign-guidance

Interesting that TfL still don't seem to be interested in Kassel kerbs.

A number of London bus stops do have them.
Old December 22nd 14, 07:49 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Who has suggested turning London's roads into motorways?