Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6th 15, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underline?

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 18:45:25 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

This should be interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...-abandoned-tub
e-tunnels-london-underline

I know that Seattle converted at least one tunnel, which was
originally to be for a light rail line, into a dedicated bus lane.

I've not seen, however, anything like this.

Stark staring, surely? Only Holborn-Aldwych is truly abandoned for a start.

Just another "design firm" (AKA a bunch of 2nd rate architects) wanting to
get noticed and touting for contracts.

By the time someone has manhandled their bike down to the old platform at
holborn they could have almost cycled to aldwych at street level. As for
the idiotic kinetic paving idea - someone should really send some of these
designers back to school to learn about conservation of energy.

--
Spud