Old April 2nd 15, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

In message , at 22:06:55 on Wed, 1 Apr
2015, Neil Williams remarked:

If Railcards ever become ITSO cards with all discounted tickets held on
them as I suspect they will, you could even tie it to that - either
associate a PAYG account or a debit/credit card to the Railcard itself,
and tap away.

There's a few problems with that. Firstly some Railcards allow more than
one passenger to travel - indeed the Two Together mandates it.

Secondly you'd need to have interoperability between such an ITSO card
and all the TOCs, because you could be loading the underlying ticket
product from any of them onto it.

Finally, it would require interoperable acceptance of ITSO across the
entire network. Not just at every gated station but also all grippers.

As far as I'm aware one of the ongoing issues with EMT's ITSO project is
that tickets are only accepted on EMT trains, despite there being XC and
Northern trains serving the same routes in the Midlands, and Thameslink
near London.
Old April 9th 15, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:27:26 on Sun, 29
Mar 2015, Clive Page remarked:
TfL recently sent me an email message to tell me that:

quote
I am writing to let you know that after Easter, we will be carrying out
improvement work at King’s Cross St. Pancras Tube station; this is
part of our plans to modernise the Tube. As a result, we are making
changes to the ticket hall and the ticket windows will be permanently
closed.
end quote

I got an email today saying that they are now closed.
Old April 9th 15, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:52:37 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:27:26 on Sun, 29
Mar 2015, Clive Page remarked:
TfL recently sent me an email message to tell me that:

quote
I am writing to let you know that after Easter, we will be carrying out
improvement work at King’s Cross St. Pancras Tube station; this is
part of our plans to modernise the Tube. As a result, we are making
changes to the ticket hall and the ticket windows will be permanently
closed.
end quote

I got an email today saying that they are now closed.

I went along this morning and found:
- Western office closed, new visitor centre open
- Northern office, two windows open, long queue
- Main office, one window open, long queue

I also noticed separate posters promoting both Oyster and contactless
cards. I wonder if that confuses visitors?

Here's a few pics I took this morning:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7651787464546/
Old April 9th 15, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:13:10 +0100
Recliner wrote:
I went along this morning and found:
- Western office closed, new visitor centre open
- Northern office, two windows open, long queue
- Main office, one window open, long queue

I also noticed separate posters promoting both Oyster and contactless
cards. I wonder if that confuses visitors?

Here's a few pics I took this morning:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7651787464546/

I wonder if a new mayor can come in fast enough to put a stop to this
nonsense or whether its took late?

--
Spud

Old April 9th 15, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 30 March 2015 11:15:35 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:

What's needed is a flyer, available in multiple languages, explaining the
basics of the system:

You mean like a small book, sort of Heart of Darkness size?
Old April 9th 15, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:13:10 on
Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Recliner remarked:

I got an email today saying that they are now closed.

I went along this morning and found:
- Western office closed, new visitor centre open
- Northern office, two windows open, long queue
- Main office, one window open, long queue

OMG!!! TfL speak with forked tongue.

Is there no-one who can be relied upon any more...