London Banter

-   -   Longest and Shortest (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14318-longest-shortest.html)

Peter Able May 16th 15 11:02 AM

Longest and Shortest

On 14/05/2015 16:36, wrote:
Greetings,

Does anybody know what the longest and shortest distance is between bus
stops here in London?

I also wonder where there is the most remote bus stop in the Greater
London area?

Don't know if it still applies, but when I was a conductor on LT route
285 the stops from Hatton Cross, around the perimeter road and into the
Heathrow terminal were very well spaced out. A good rest for me - and
the prospect of a tip helping passengers with their luggage :)

PA

Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] May 16th 15 09:36 PM

Longest and Shortest

In message , Roland Perry
wrote:
Where I lived for a while in Nottingham the bus stops in the suburbs
were as little as 100m apart. eg southbound he

https://goo.gl/maps/JII2E

We've got three in my village that are closely spaced. Though now I play
with Google maps the outer two each turn out to be about 160m from the
middle one.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org

Paul Cummins May 17th 15 10:17 AM

Longest and Shortest

In article , (Clive
D. W. Feather) wrote:

We've got three in my village that are closely spaced. Though now I
play with Google maps the outer two each turn out to be about 160m
from the middle one.

In parts of Basingstoke, I recall bus stops so close by walking that you
could get off at one and walk to the nearest before the bus got there,
but this was because of the road looping and the path being straight
across the estate.

Also in Basingstoke are bus stops so near that you can recognise the
people waiting at one from the other. The bus stop equivalent of Lower
Sydenham to New Beckenham.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

TERRYGI December 15th 17 10:54 AM

Shortest distance between two London bus stops

To my knowledge the shortest distance between two bus tops in London is on the B13 route from Bexleyheath to New Eltham situated between Avery Hill and Halfway Street the distance is 50 metres as measured on Google maps.