Old September 14th 15, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bye Bye Wolmar

On 2015-09-14 09:26:00 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination is,
especially late at night.

True, though Google Maps and the likes reduce the chance of not knowing
exactly where your destination is these days.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old September 14th 15, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 12:24:59PM +0000, Recliner wrote:

His father was a bus driver, do he does have some inside knowledge on the
subject.

My mother makes embroidery stuff for churches. That only gives me inside
knowledge on the gossip in a handful of churches' circles of old ladies.
Having a father who was a bus driver might give you a bit of inside
knowledge on a handful of routes and garages.

My "in" via my mother doesn't clue me in on how the church decides on
its theology, or how it manages its money. Likewise an "in" via a bus
driver tells you not very much at all about the hows and whys of running
an entire city's multi-modal transport network or how to fund it.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Nuke a disabled unborn gay baby whale for JESUS!
Old September 15th 15, 02:53 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
On 2015-09-14 07:55:54 +0000, Robin9 said:

. . the first time I've ever seen Paul Corfield admit that for many
people
travelling by car is more sensible than travelling by bus! (I, of
course, am
a motorist!)

I'm a pedestrian, a cyclist, a motorist, an air passenger, a ship
passenger, a rail passenger, a bus passenger and probably others I
haven't thought of. I choose the appropriate mode of transport for the
journey being made, IOW, though I'll admit motorcycling doesn't feature
I wouldn't rule it out for the future.

Why do we have to typecast ourselves?

Neil
--
Neil Williams
Oh, please! By declaring that I'm a motorist I am not stating that I never use

Incidentally, walking is one of my hobbies.