London Banter

-   -   Bye Bye Wolmar (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14502-bye-bye-wolmar.html)

Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] September 15th 15 07:21 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

In message , Roland Perry
wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination is,
especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take me to
an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org

[email protected] September 15th 15 08:24 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

In article , (Clive D.
W. Feather) wrote:

In message , Roland Perry
wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination is,
especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take me
to an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

A black cab? Is it not on the list for the "Knowledge"?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] September 16th 15 09:42 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

In message ,
wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination is,
especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take me
to an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

A black cab? Is it not on the list for the "Knowledge"?

Yes, a proper black cab.

I would have thought it was in the "Knowledge". Perhaps I should have
reported him.

Peter Smyth[_3_] September 16th 15 10:27 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In message ,
wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your
destination is, especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take
me to an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

A black cab? Is it not on the list for the "Knowledge"?

Yes, a proper black cab.

I would have thought it was in the "Knowledge". Perhaps I should have
reported him.

Looks like it is just outside the six mile radius from Charing Cross.

Peter Smyth

Mizter T September 18th 15 03:40 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

On 16/09/2015 22:42, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In message ,
wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination
is, especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take
me to an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

A black cab? Is it not on the list for the "Knowledge"?

Yes, a proper black cab.

I would have thought it was in the "Knowledge". Perhaps I should
have reported him.

Might have been worth a query at least. Despite being the epicentre of
the UK's internet (a description I'm sure to regret...), it might not
have been on the horizon of those in the PCO (as was)/ TfL TPH in charge
of the Knowledge.

[email protected] September 18th 15 11:02 PM

Bye Bye Wolmar

wrote:
Cabs are useful if you don't exactly know where your destination
is, especially late at night.

You hope.

I once landed at London City Airport and jumped in a cab to take
me to an important meeting.

"Telehouse, please".
"Where?"

A black cab? Is it not on the list for the "Knowledge"?

Yes, a proper black cab.

I would have thought it was in the "Knowledge". Perhaps I should
have reported him.

Might have been worth a query at least. Despite being the epicentre
of the UK's internet (a description I'm sure to regret...), it might
not have been on the horizon of those in the PCO (as was)/ TfL TPH in
charge of the Knowledge.

I know Telehouse is internet central but how many people go there a day?

--
Colin Rosenstiel