Old November 5th 15, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Information about "heritage" buses?

Idiot boy question: is there a readily available source of what
"heritage" buses run when and where in London?

I ask as I took an impromptu trip to Lewisham through the Blackwall
Tunnel yesterday when RF180 (an AEC Regal in Green Line livery) turned
up on route 108. The ride was (to me) surprisingly smooth and quiet
for its age.

Also quiet in that a good few people at stops seemed not to realise it
was in service

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old November 6th 15, 06:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Heritage routemasters run on route 15 only, between Tower and Trafalgar Sq. The bus you rode on route 108 would have been a special supplementary because of the DLR strike.
Old November 6th 15, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

snip

Thanks for the usual v helpful inf.

As will have been evident, I've not been taking an active interest.
RF180 just reminded me of the days when I used to ferret around
the back of various bus garages for interesting vehicles (50 years ago
when 10 year olds were tolerated in them) . I'll hive off now to
follow up your suggestions.