Old November 10th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RM Heritage Routes

Can one assume the much-vaunted Routemaster "heritage" routes will be
starting as planned on Monday 14th? Has anyone seen any timetables or
publicity regarding these? Any idea where they will turn/stand at the
end of the routes or what the official timings are - "09:30" is a bit
vague, unless they do actually run on an exact clockface timetable and
both routes commence from both ends at this exact time?

Old November 10th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can one assume the much-vaunted Routemaster "heritage" routes will be
starting as planned on Monday 14th? Has anyone seen any timetables or
publicity regarding these? Any idea where they will turn/stand at the
end of the routes or what the official timings are - "09:30" is a bit
vague, unless they do actually run on an exact clockface timetable and
both routes commence from both ends at this exact time?

Metrobus are talking about running RML2317 again next year between Crawley
and Tunbridge Wells.

http://www.metrobus.co.uk/enthusiasts.php

Old November 10th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
writes
Can one assume the much-vaunted Routemaster "heritage" routes will be
starting as planned on Monday 14th? Has anyone seen any timetables or
publicity regarding these? Any idea where they will turn/stand at the
end of the routes or what the official timings are - "09:30" is a bit
vague, unless they do actually run on an exact clockface timetable and
both routes commence from both ends at this exact time?

The heritage journeys on the 9 are on line at

http://www.firstlondontimetables.co.uk

selecting "Route 9 Heritage" from the drop down menu.

I've not yet seen anything similar for the Heritage 15.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old November 10th 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Searching on the TfL website stop-specific timetable area for route 15
departures from Trafalgar Square I found myself directed to what
appears to be a list of just the heritage bus times - i.e. it gives
impression that the 15 only runs every 15 minutes at all times and the
first EB bus isn't until 0948!

Old November 11th 05, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:39:11 -0000, wrote:

Can one assume the much-vaunted Routemaster "heritage" routes will be
starting as planned on Monday 14th? Has anyone seen any timetables or
publicity regarding these? Any idea where they will turn/stand at the
end of the routes or what the official timings are - "09:30" is a bit
vague, unless they do actually run on an exact clockface timetable and
both routes commence from both ends at this exact time?

I have seen a LT livered Routemaster running along the 15 route on a
couple of days earlier this week, with lots of people with hi-vis jackets
onboard. Presumably these have been training/testing runs. I also seen
them stood on Whitehall Place. At Tower I guess they would stand at
Goodmans Yard as there is a bus stand round there that never seems to be
used.

As an aside does anyone know when that little link road will be open to
let re-route 15s from byward street to Gt Tower St will be opened? It's
been ready and blocked off for months now.

Old November 16th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
The heritage 9s are running happily now and look very smart indeed -
freshly painted and they have had the old-style blinds put in at the
front.

They stand at the 360 stand on Prince Consort Road just outside
Imperial College Union. They head off eastwards so I presume they don't
pick up passengers until the stop on the eastern side of Exhibition
Road, but do drop off passengers at the Royal Albert Hall and then head
down Queen's Gate to Prince Consort Rd.

I've just notices that there are PDFs of a poster advertising the new
Heritage routes and some other "long" posters recalling individual
decades in the RM's existence at

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/ini-heritage-buses.asp

Old November 18th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
The heritage 9s are running happily now and look very smart indeed -
freshly painted and they have had the old-style blinds put in at the
front.

They stand at the 360 stand on Prince Consort Road just outside
Imperial College Union. They head off eastwards so I presume they
don't pick up passengers until the stop on the eastern side of
Exhibition Road, but do drop off passengers at the Royal Albert Hall
and then head down Queen's Gate to Prince Consort Rd.

I've just notices that there are PDFs of a poster advertising the new
Heritage routes and some other "long" posters recalling individual
decades in the RM's existence at

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/ini-heritage-buses.asp

That page and the poster seem confused whether the heritage routes stop
at 18:00 or 18:30, I see.

I also see they say "All the buses used date from 1960-1964". Does that
mean the end for the RMLs which apart from the initial batch of 24 date
from 1965 to 1968? Anyone seen one on a heritage route? I see the poster
shows and RML on the 9, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 18th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I also see they say "All the buses used date from 1960-1964". Does that
mean the end for the RMLs which apart from the initial batch of 24 date
from 1965 to 1968? Anyone seen one on a heritage route? I see the poster
shows and RML on the 9, though.

2760 was used yesterday and will be used this weekend as well. According to
MD of Stagecoach London at present they have only 5 repainted buses for a
PVR of 5 so 2760 is the cover. Two more RMs due on the road next week so
2760 use will be rarer

For trivia fans the bus in the poster is 2602 and was used for the photos in
early October before any of the RM's were available for the publicity shots

Paul