Old November 13th 15, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On 13/11/2015 02:36, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
11:24:19 on Thu, 12 Nov 2015,
remarked:

Where does the DLR over-run siding at Bank go?

http://husk.org/www.geocities.com/at...069/ltmonu.jpg

According to that it appears to turn a sharp right corner. Really?

Yes, I was intrigued by that. I wonder if it's some sort of maintenance or
support room, rather than a tracked tunnel?

If you stand on the platform at what will be the back of the train you
can see the inbound train come in and disappear off to the right up the
over-run siding before coming back again shortly later.

So it definitely does go that way off to a sharp right, but I have no
idea why - Bank of England vaults?

Old November 13th 15, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:09:14 +0000, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

On 13/11/2015 02:36, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
11:24:19 on Thu, 12 Nov 2015,
remarked:

Where does the DLR over-run siding at Bank go?

http://husk.org/www.geocities.com/at...069/ltmonu.jpg

According to that it appears to turn a sharp right corner. Really?

Yes, I was intrigued by that. I wonder if it's some sort of maintenance or
support room, rather than a tracked tunnel?

If you stand on the platform at what will be the back of the train you
can see the inbound train come in and disappear off to the right up the
over-run siding before coming back again shortly later.

So it definitely does go that way off to a sharp right, but I have no
idea why - Bank of England vaults?

Ah, I must have a look. I suppose the BoE vaults are just one of
several obstacles in that crowded bit of subsoil.
Old November 13th 15, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:03:47 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:59:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:43:35 on Fri, 13 Nov
2015,
d remarked:
Or , extend the DLR from Bank north. Its pretty deep and the DLR trains
don't mind steep gradients so diving under crossrail wouldn't be an issue.
It would give people a 2nd option to get the DLR which since the stairs
from the northern line down to the DLR are almost impassable in the
mornings could only be a good thing.

Where does the DLR over-run siding at Bank go?

Don't know, not far I don't think. But the DLR platforms at Bank are aligned
with the northern line so I assume that means they're already aligned
north-south.

Lots of stuff about Bank station he

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2...ade-part-2-of-
2-the-proposals/

Sounds like what they did at Angel 15 years or so ago. Makes sense. 700m
is a long bit of new tunnel though.

On the subject of the DLR I've noticed they never check for people left in
the train when it moves out of Bank plus the cleaners tend to ride on it too
so it wouldn't be impossible for someone to ride up front to the end of
the overrun and take a picture of whats there. And no , I'm not volunteering!

Have you noticed if the PSA stays on board during the shunt?