Old November 23rd 15, 01:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Lea Valley Overground timetable

The new one's available. I've never looked at it closely before, but the
Sunday morning closure of Bethnal Green and neighbouring stations seems
odd, and I'm wondering what the reason is.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/liverpool-...ember-2015.pdf

Old November 23rd 15, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

The new one's available. I've never looked at it closely before, but
the Sunday morning closure of Bethnal Green and neighbouring stations
seems odd, and I'm wondering what the reason is.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/liverpool-...cheshunt-and-c
hingford-timetable-december-2015.pdf

They've cut out the stops at Bethnal Green (LO), Cambridge Heath and London
Fields but the running times are the same as if they were stopping. Even
odder.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 23rd 15, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 23/11/2015 02:02, Basil Jet wrote:

The new one's available. I've never looked at it closely before, but the
Sunday morning closure of Bethnal Green and neighbouring stations seems
odd, and I'm wondering what the reason is.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/liverpool-...ember-2015.pdf

A look at Realtime Trains reveals the answer:

Engineering work means Platforms 1 to 10 are closed first thing in the
morning (reduced to Platforms 1 to 4 from about 0745), with everything
using the Main and Electric Lines leaving Liverpool Street.

West Anglia services then take the Fast Lines at Bethnal Green, with
services to Enfield Town and Cheshunt via Seven Sisters crossing back
over to the "Slow" lines using the crossover at the London end of
Hackney Downs station.

Hope that helps,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, usenet (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Disclaimer: The above do not necessarily represent the views of my
employer.
Old November 23rd 15, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In article ,

(Basil Jet) wrote:

The new one's available. I've never looked at it closely before,
but the Sunday morning closure of Bethnal Green and neighbouring
stations seems odd, and I'm wondering what the reason is.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/liverpool-...cheshunt-and-c
hingford-timetable-december-2015.pdf

They've cut out the stops at Bethnal Green (LO), Cambridge Heath and
London Fields but the running times are the same as if they were
stopping. Even odder.

This isn't anything new, these stations have always opened late on
Sundays. Prior to 2005 they had no Sunday service at all.

Possibly it is to allow Network Rail to do work on the slow lines, with
trains using the fast lines that do not have platforms at these
stations.

Peter Smyth
Old November 23rd 15, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Peter Smyth)

In article ,

(Basil Jet) wrote:

The new one's available. I've never looked at it closely before,
but the Sunday morning closure of Bethnal Green and neighbouring
stations seems odd, and I'm wondering what the reason is.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/liverpool-...-cheshunt-and-

chingford-timetable-december-2015.pdf

They've cut out the stops at Bethnal Green (LO), Cambridge Heath and
London Fields but the running times are the same as if they were
stopping. Even odder.

This isn't anything new, these stations have always opened late on
Sundays. Prior to 2005 they had no Sunday service at all.

Possibly it is to allow Network Rail to do work on the slow lines, with
trains using the fast lines that do not have platforms at these
stations.

Good point but there is a platform on the Down Fast at Bethnal Green though
there hasn't always been such a platform face. I agree there isn't one on
the Up Fast.

--
Colin Rosenstiel