Old April 13th 16, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Buses re-brand?

I've noticed that London Buses share a common livery but have various different interior schemes dependent on operator, some buses in my area are looking increasingly tired on the inside due to heavy usage or vandalism.

Do TfL have any plans to standardise on interior decor across the bus sector? I wouldn't mind seeing the NB4L red and maroon interior spec used in the New Routemasters being applied to older bus fleets.

---
Schnuzelbug

Old April 14th 16, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/04/2016 19:59, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:08:29 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Jolly
wrote:

I've noticed that London Buses share a common livery but have various different interior schemes dependent on operator, some buses in my area are looking increasingly tired on the inside due to heavy usage or vandalism.

Do TfL have any plans to standardise on interior decor across the bus sector? I wouldn't mind seeing the NB4L red and maroon interior spec used in the New Routemasters being applied to older bus fleets.

I hope they don't standardise on the NB4L interior - it's dark, dingy
and the seats are uncomfortable. There is the ghastly SRM where the
Borismaster body (2 doors, 1 staircase version) has been grafted onto
Volvo hybrid chassis - they apparently have the NB4L interior. Six
are on order for London United.

TfL typically specify an interior refresh if the operator wins a
second contract term using existing vehicles. This means it can be 5
or 7 years before vehicles that we were new at the start of a contract
receive any substantive attention to their interiors. Operators have
no financial or marketing incentive to spend money on vehicle
interiors other than in order to comply with TfL's requirements.

If the interior of buses is particularly grotty then it's probably not
meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, no? In which case a complaint to TfL
Buses might possibly produce some improvement.
Old April 14th 16, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 20:04:21 UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:

If the interior of buses is particularly grotty then it's probably not
meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, no?

Something that gives away a non-native English-speaker is this weird, German-sounding use of "no?" to end a sentence. Very strange. I see it often on the internet and in James Bond films.
Old April 14th 16, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/04/2016 20:20, Offramp wrote:

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 20:04:21 UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:

If the interior of buses is particularly grotty then it's probably not
meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, no?

Something that gives away a non-native English-speaker is this weird, German-sounding use of "no?" to end a sentence. Very strange. I see it often on the internet and in James Bond films.

Blimey, so I'm a non-native English speaker! Strike me down with a
feather. What else should I be doing to fulfil this role, guv?
Old April 14th 16, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What else should I be doing to fulfil this role, guv?

A cockney accent and referring to everybody as 'John'.

"'ere, John, gissa drink..."

---
Schnuzelbug

Old April 14th 16, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/04/2016 20:38, Mizter T wrote:

On 14/04/2016 20:20, Offramp wrote:

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 20:04:21 UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:

If the interior of buses is particularly grotty then it's probably not
meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, no?

Something that gives away a non-native English-speaker is this weird,
German-sounding use of "no?" to end a sentence. Very strange. I see it
often on the internet and in James Bond films.

Blimey, so I'm a non-native English speaker! Strike me down with a
feather. What else should I be doing to fulfil this role, guv?

So, starting your answer to a question - any question- with "so" is a
good start me old cock sparrow, innit?
--
Robin
Old April 20th 16, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

'Ello John, got a new motor?
Old May 8th 16, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 12:50:09 AM UTC+5:30, Offramp wrote:
On Thursday, 14 April 2016 20:04:21 UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:

If the interior of buses is particularly grotty then it's probably not
meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, no?

Something that gives away a non-native English-speaker is this weird, German-sounding use of "no?" to end a sentence. Very strange.

What should be the answer to the question:
It's probably not meeting ongoing TfL specs anyway, is it?
Suppose the "no" indicates that the answer is probably "no".
Then, is "no" strange?

I see it often on the internet and in James Bond films.