Old May 20th 16, 07:31 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
'Lea Bridge' is not a new name; it was renamed to this many years before it closed.
Perhaps that's why the station didn't do much business!

Old August 4th 16, 04:23 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I've used the Lea Bridge station twice this week,
both times going to Stratford in the afternoon.

Awaiting the 16.00 hours train to Stratford yesterday
there were twenty people waiting with four on the
opposite platform. Most people turned up in the last five
minutes which indicates that they were regular passengers
who have learned the timetable. I assume they came from
the trading estates at Staffa Road and Argall Avenue.

Today, awaiting the 15.00 hours train there were only five
people on the platform with one on the opposite platform.

Probably, in August the numbers of people travelling is less
than normal. However, at Leyton Underground Station in the
afternoon, about twenty-five people board every west-bound
train . . . and there is one every three minutes.
Old October 13th 16, 05:45 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

This afternoon there were forty people waiting to board
the 16.00 train to Stratford. This is the busiest I've yet
seen the station.