Old April 24th 16, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Space travel: cosmic train launches in Moscow as Yuri Gagarin tribute

I know that Moscow has done something like this before, specifically by
releasing a train with rail cars that contain copies of portraits from
the Tretyakov Gallery.

I wonder if the London Underground would ever try anything like that? Or
would it be an HSE jobsworth nut's excuse to go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...agarin-tribute

Old April 24th 16, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I know that Moscow has done something like this before, specifically by
releasing a train with rail cars that contain copies of portraits from
the Tretyakov Gallery.

I wonder if the London Underground would ever try anything like that? Or
would it be an HSE jobsworth nut's excuse to go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...agarin-tribute

I don't see why not. The safety notices aren't obscured, so I can't see
what the objection would be.

There have already been many external vinyl wraps on LU trains and buses
(both LU's own, and sponsored liveries), and I can't see why anyone would
object to a reputable sponsor paying handsomely to have all internal panels
in a train covered in its ads.

Old April 24th 16, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 15:38:22 -0000 (UTC), Recliner wrote:
wrote:
I know that Moscow has done something like this before, specifically by
releasing a train with rail cars that contain copies of portraits from
the Tretyakov Gallery.

I wonder if the London Underground would ever try anything like that? Or
would it be an HSE jobsworth nut's excuse to go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...agarin-tribute

I don't see why not. The safety notices aren't obscured, so I can't see
what the objection would be.

There have already been many external vinyl wraps on LU trains and buses
(both LU's own, and sponsored liveries), and I can't see why anyone would
object to a reputable sponsor paying handsomely to have all internal panels
in a train covered in its ads.

There was a Yellow Pages wrapped Circle line
train in 1988 that had special seat covers too -
http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/ate/tao/...ubetrain1.html
Old April 25th 16, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
There have already been many external vinyl wraps on LU trains and buses
(both LU's own, and sponsored liveries), and I can't see why anyone would
object to a reputable sponsor paying handsomely to have all internal panels
in a train covered in its ads.

That already happens to a degree on the W&C line - adverts for financial firm
du jour covering every advertising space on the whole train.

Vinyl wrapping other parts is probably possible, as long as they don't
obscure or impede safety functions (eg visibilty down the carriage or the
prominence of safety notices).

Theo
Old April 25th 16, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/04/2016 16:38, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
I know that Moscow has done something like this before, specifically by
releasing a train with rail cars that contain copies of portraits from
the Tretyakov Gallery.

I wonder if the London Underground would ever try anything like that? Or
would it be an HSE jobsworth nut's excuse to go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...agarin-tribute

I don't see why not. The safety notices aren't obscured, so I can't see
what the objection would be.

There have already been many external vinyl wraps on LU trains and buses
(both LU's own, and sponsored liveries), and I can't see why anyone would
object to a reputable sponsor paying handsomely to have all internal panels
in a train covered in its ads.

Indeed.

Also, the OP is rather out of date in referring to the HSE in this
context - the HMRI was part of the HSE from 1990 until 2006. It's now
part of the ORR.