London Banter

-   -   Mayor Sadiq (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14919-mayor-sadiq.html)

Mizter T May 6th 16 05:42 PM

Mayor Sadiq

It's all over bar the declaration.

Congratulations from me, if not from others here on this random and
dusty crevice of the internet! Greens doing well too.

We await the results of the London Assembly elections.

I'm very glad Zac's nasty campaign blew right up in his face. Apparently
Lynton Crosby had no involvement in it, which if anything makes Zac look
even worse. Two tweets relating to that...

Dave Hill of the Guardian:
https://twitter.com/DaveHill/status/728619646224637952
"If you've yet to hear it, best quote on Zac campaign from senior London
Tory: 'A dog whistle in a city with no dogs.' "

Jim Waterson, political editor of BuzzFeed UK:
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/728617840778088448
"Any London Conservatives who *do* want to defend Zac Goldsmith's
campaign? City Hall just full of Tories saying they're disgusted with him."

OK, guess I should think about the future ramifications for transport!

Also today - Boris (still Mayor until Sunday midnight I think)
officially opened the segregated east-west cycle superhighway along the
Embankment from Big Ben to the Tower:

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-05-06/boris-johnson-bows-out-as-london-mayor-with-a-final-public-duty-opening-a-new-bike-lane/
or via http://tinyurl.com/zvbwgyg

I'm no great fan of Boris, but it's possible proper segregated cycleways
(rather than just 'blue paint') might actually be his real legacy. I
trust Sadiq will push ahead with this programme.

Recliner[_3_] May 6th 16 06:39 PM

Mayor Sadiq

Mizter T wrote:
[...]

It seems that Sadiq may be bringing in his old boss, Andrew Adonis, to
oversee transport. Not sure how that squares with his national
infrastructure role.

But, yes, whoever is in charge of transport, I suspect that the cycleway
policy will continue. Presumably, with his background, Sadiq will be keen
on buses, but I suspect he won't be ordering any more Boris buses...

[email protected] May 6th 16 07:40 PM

Mayor Sadiq

On Fri, 6 May 2016 18:42:47 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
It's all over bar the declaration.

Congratulations from me, if not from others here on this random and
dusty crevice of the internet! Greens doing well too.

We await the results of the London Assembly elections.

I'm very glad Zac's nasty campaign blew right up in his face. Apparently
Lynton Crosby had no involvement in it, which if anything makes Zac look
even worse. Two tweets relating to that...

Dave Hill of the Guardian:

Might as well say Dave Hill of Idiots-r-Us.

https://twitter.com/DaveHill/status/728619646224637952
"If you've yet to hear it, best quote on Zac campaign from senior London
Tory: 'A dog whistle in a city with no dogs.' "

Thats the latest phrase of the month isn't it. I wonder how many people who
use it actually know what dog whistle politics is.

OK, guess I should think about the future ramifications for transport!

Indeed. Perhaps the former human rights parasite who's just been voted in
and used to sue the police for compensation for assorted scum, can ask some of
the people he used to share a platform with what the latest bomb making
techniques are and figure out how to defend the tube against them.

--
Spud

burfordTjustice May 6th 16 07:43 PM

Mayor Sadiq

On Fri, 6 May 2016 18:42:47 +0100
Mizter T wrote:

Congratulations from me,

LMAO! With in one year you will be running
for your life. Bunch of white damned fools
don't know what they have brought onto
themselves.
The muslims know.

e27002 aurora May 7th 16 07:55 AM

Mayor Sadiq

On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:40:40 GMT, d wrote:

On Fri, 6 May 2016 18:42:47 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Historically the City of London was outwith any county. The current
GLA consists of large areas of annexed from neighboring counties. Had
the historic county structure remained those sections would be outside
Mr Khan's grip.

Shame on the people of the GLA for voting in this low-life.

eastender[_5_] May 7th 16 10:04 AM

Mayor Sadiq

On 2016-05-06 19:40:40 +0000, d said:

On Fri, 6 May 2016 18:42:47 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
[...]

Your mate David Furness got 13,325 votes - so there are a few more like
you in the city but thankfully too few to matter.

Offramp May 7th 16 10:16 AM

Mayor Sadiq

The media keep describing him as the first muslim mayor, but there have only been two others!

[email protected] May 7th 16 11:44 AM

Mayor Sadiq

On Sat, 07 May 2016 08:55:36 +0100
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 06 May 2016 19:40:40 GMT, d wrote:
Indeed. Perhaps the former human rights parasite who's just been voted in
and used to sue the police for compensation for assorted scum, can ask some

of
the people he used to share a platform with what the latest bomb making
techniques are and figure out how to defend the tube against them.

Historically the City of London was outwith any county. The current
GLA consists of large areas of annexed from neighboring counties. Had
the historic county structure remained those sections would be outside
Mr Khan's grip.

Shame on the people of the GLA for voting in this low-life.

Well, he got a lot of the ethnic vote (though I suspect not many from Hindus)
and naturally the useful idiots of the left would vote for him but I suspect
it was more a case of Goldsmith lost due to his woeful campaign than Kahn
winning plus 8 years of buffoonery and little to show for it from Johnson
which didn't do the Tories any favours.

--
Spud

[email protected] May 7th 16 11:48 AM

Mayor Sadiq

On Sat, 7 May 2016 11:04:04 +0100
On 2016-05-06 19:40:40 +0000, d said:
Indeed. Perhaps the former human rights parasite who's just been voted in
and used to sue the police for compensation for assorted scum, can ask some

of
the people he used to share a platform with what the latest bomb making
techniques are and figure out how to defend the tube against them.

Your mate David Furness got 13,325 votes - so there are a few more like
you in the city but thankfully too few to matter.

Yes, there are few like me left in london - ie white english. As more than
one person has said , its not an english city any more. Its an oversized
tower of bable full of international scum, rich and poor.

--
Spud

Robin9 May 7th 16 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e27002 aurora (Post 155557)

wrote:
[...]

In what way is he a low-life?